Eleven | 十一

Eleven

Oikawa remained where he stood, unable to move a single muscle. He stared at the man before him, who returned the surprised expression. [Name]'s father's gray eyes widened and turned somewhat glassy and his lips parted as if to say something. "Ryou..." However, he stopped himself there, evoking more curiosity and confusion within the brunette.

Ryou..?

"What's wrong, Tooru-kun, anata (dear)?" Hana questioned, resting a hand on Oikawa's shoulder as she glanced back and forth between him and her husband. Oikawa took it as a cue to snap out of it.

"I-It's nothing." Oikawa managed a forced smile, trying to assure Hana that everything was fine. Hana raised a brow at him and turned to her husband, who eventually snapped out of it too.

"It's really nothing." Her husband smiled at her, adjusting his glasses and tucking his hands in to his pockets. "Please, come on in, Tooru-kun. We've been waiting for you."

"R-Right..." Oikawa nodded as he followed them into the living room, a little surprised by how fluent his Japanese was. He shuffled his feet through the wooden floorboards, careful to keep his footsteps light and polite. He took note of their home design; simple and neat. A low coffee table rested between the pale colored couches and a flat screen TV by the plain walls; it wasn't much but it definitely felt cozy enough for the brunette.

"Ano... I have some pastries here that I got at a patisserie near my house." Oikawa leaned forward in a slight bow and he handed the box of pastries to Hana. Hana smiled at the boy, clearly delighted at his gift and thanked him, heading to the kitchen to get tea and plate out the pastries.

"Please, have a seat." [Name]'s father stretched out his arm, offering a seat. Oikawa nodded at his offer and took a seat right by the arm rest anxiously. He tried to stop his legs from trembling when [Name]'s father decided to sit right across him. He forced his lips into a smile, trying his best to hide his nervousness but failed terribly. He managed to steer his eyes towards her father, catching a glimpse of his smile.

"I haven't introduced myself, how silly." [Name]'s father chuckled and shook his head lightly. "You can call me Adrian. Is it fine if I call you Ry-" He paused and pursed his lips. "Can I call you Tooru-kun?"

"Y-Yes!" Again...

"Sorry, but [Name] is still asleep." He apologized, chuckling softly. He tried to lighten up the situation to make Oikawa feel a little less uncomfortable. However his kindness only made him more uneasy. "She's a deep sleeper and it gets pretty scary when she's forced to wake up, so..."

"No, i-it's fine..." Oikawa lied. It wasn't fine, he needed her to be there during this curial moment of his life.

"Hai, here's the tea and cakes." Hana finally entered the living room with a tray of tea and pastries, which he was extremely thankful for. She placed them carefully on the coffee table, smiling at Oikawa as she handed him his cup. She placed the tray on the edge of the table and took a seat next to her husband.

"Tooru-kun." Oikawa perked up and straightened his back at the seriousness in Adrian's voice. He watched quietly as Adrian took his wife's hand in his large ones, gently squeezing it for assurance. "I'm sure you know about [Name]'s memory condition." Oikawa swallowed and nodded. "You must know it's a difficult disorder to be involved with, don't you?"

"It's not that bad..." Oikawa shrugged, holding onto the cup tightly.

"I see." He nodded lightly and inhaled deeply. "[Name] has gone through too many tough times. As parents, it was incredibly painful for us to watch her go through them, not being able to help much." He squeezed her hand tightly, as though he was in pain just by recalling those memories.