First Sakura | 最初の桜

Character(s): [Last Name] [First Name], [Last Name] Ryouichi, Fuyuki Sakura

Genre: Omake Chapter

Note: Story of how [Name] and Ryouichi met Sakura for the first time.

--

Ryouichi straightened his back, sighing in relief that he was finally done with unboxing his books. He glanced around his new room and counted the remaining boxes he has yet to unpack. Though he felt a little exhausted from unpacking boxes, he was still happy that they had moved. The new house didn't feel just like a physical place where he dreaded to return to, instead, it actually felt like a real home for once.

"Everything alright, Ryou-kun?" He turned around to find Adrian peeking into his room with a friendly smile. Ryouichi returned the smile to his step father, exhibiting his natural charms.

"Yeah," The teenager nodded.

"Are you almost done unpacking?" Adrian asked, walking into the room.

"A couple more boxes and I'll be done." Ryouichi gestured to the remaining boxes in the corner. "What about you and Mom?"

"We're on the same boat," Adrian shrugged, giving his step son a gentle pat on his shoulder. "Thank you for your hard work." Ryouichi chuckled at the friendly gesture. It felt good to finally be able to have a normal, loving father and son relationship.

"Say, why don't you and [Name]-chan take a walk around the neighborhood." Adrian suggested. "It must be a little suffocating with all the 'new-house-air'." He chuckled, massaging his shoulder a little.

"But we're not done yet," Ryouichi motioned at the remaining boxes.

"It's fine, it's fine." Adrian shook his head, turning the teenager around and urging him to leave his new room. "Leave the rest to your Mom and I."

"But –"

"Get your sister, take a breather outside." Adrian insisted. "There should be a park just 2 streets down. Bring [Name]-chan to play." They walked into [Name]'s room to find the girl on the floor, pulling out her plushies from her box. She looked up to them with wide curious [Eye Color] eyes, each hand holding onto one bunny plushie.

"[Name]-chan~" Adrian called in an overly dotting voice. His step daughter giggled at the way he called her. "Would you like to go outside and play?"

"Hai!" [Name] nodded, jumping up to her feet immediately. She pulled her soft toys closer to her chest and adorably rushed her way towards them.

"Let's go," Ryouichi smiled at her, reaching his hand out to her. She grabbed his hand with her tiny ones, tugging her brother to hurry. Ryouichi laughed at her, filling up their new house with warm laughter. "Ittekimasu!" He exclaimed before they left the house.

"Have a safe trip!" Adrian yelled back, hearing the door click close.

--

[Name] sat on her brother's shoulders, smiling brightly as she held onto his hand for support. Ryouichi couldn't help but to feel just as happy, adding a little bounce to each step to make it more exciting for her. "Wow, here we are!" He said as they turned into the park.

He picked her off his shoulders, putting her down on her feet. With her tiny hands in his, he swung their entwined hands back and forth. [Name] did a little skip with her brother encouraging her on. She came to a halt when she saw the other kids running around, hugging onto Ryouichi's leg. She hid behind him, shying away from the other children as they passed by her.