Ten |十

Ten

Kimi fiddled with the hem of her skirt, chewing on her lower lip. Her brows knitted closely together as she was unable to look away from her shoes. "I-I..." She struggled to defend herself.

"Go home, Kimi." Sakura demanded, her fists tightly clenched by her side.

"Sakura-chan..." Hana tried to calm the girl down but the second year refused to back down.

"Hana-san! She's the reason this happened to [Name]." Sakura argued.

"Iwaizumi-senpai..." Kimi cautiously glanced at the vice-captain, hoping for him to say something. However, still conflicted with his feelings, Iwaizumi avoided her gaze. "O-Oikawa-senpai?..." She received the same response, only colder.

"Please, Sakura-chan. I'm sure [Name] would want to know if she's alright as well." Hana convinced.

"But -!!"

"M-Mama?" A soft voice called from inside the room, causing them to flinch. "Mama? Are you there?"

"I'm here, [Name]-chan." Hana replied, entering the room, leaving the teenagers in a tensed situation.

"I'm sorry..." Kimi apologized with a shaky voice, squeezing her skirt tightly.

Sakura glared intensely at the ravenette before turning around, flaring her nostrils, and joining the mother and daughter in the room. Oikawa and Iwaizumi couldn't figure what to say in return, and followed her shortly, avoiding eye contact.

Once they entered the room, they felt relieved that [Name] was sitting up, propped against the header of her bed with a pillow behind her. She seemed exhausted but her cheerfulness was still with her. She smiled at the boy's arrivals, and waved at them. "Hajime-kun, Tooru-chan." She called them in a weak and hoarse voice.

"Hey, [Name]-chan..." Oikawa walked up to the side of her bed, forcing his lips into a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired..." She admitted, chuckling a little. "Wait," She blinked, looking down at Oikawa's hands. She reached out for them and pulled them to her face to have a closer look. "What happened to your hands?"

Oikawa was startled and pulled his hands back, hiding them behind him. "I-It's nothing." He shook his head, chuckling nervously.

"Hajime-kun! What happened to your face?!" She gasped, finally realizing Iwaizumi's injuries. Iwaizumi jumped a little, covering his bandages with his hands.

"N-No! I... Uh..." Iwaizumi turned away, trying his best to avoid her question.

"Did you guys get into a fight?" [Name] frowned at the boys. "That's no good, you know? What if you both got seriously injured?"

"Yeah, sorry about that." Oikawa chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

"Mou, I worry for the both of you." [Name] crossed her arms and pouted.

"Sorry we made you worried..." Both the boys apologized, Iwaizumi looking down to his feet while Oikawa smiled at her. Hearing their apology made her smile. She then blinked as if she had just remembered something important and turned to her mother.

"Mama, do you -" Her voice trailed off when she noticed a figure standing by the corridor. Her lips parted as she stared at the girl who hid half of her body behind the door, peeking into the room cautiously. "H-Hello..." She nodded at the girl.

"[N-Name]-chan, I -"

"Get ou -"

"Are you visiting a friend?" [Name] smiled at her, unintentionally cutting both the second years off. "Maybe she's next door."