𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. Lyricism.

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
[ Chapter Thirteen | ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ]

THE NEXT THREE days was spent writing songs in Gustavo's office

THE NEXT THREE days was spent writing songs in Gustavo's office. Writing songs about their personal lives, love, and friendship. All of which Kimberly has experienced before.

Personal Life: Kimberly wrote songs about her parents' divorce, her friendship with Mindy, and the day she began smoking.

Love: When Kimberly was thirteen years old, she fell in love. Jake was his name, and he was the IT guy at her middle school. Unfortunately, he ended up breaking up with her because he had a crush on Mindy, who refused and rejected him.

Friendship: At the age of two, Kimberly and Mindy formed a friendship. They both attended the same daycare in Duluth, Minnesota. Kimberly and Mindy spent every available moment together due to the close relationship between their mothers. Kimberly's mother Anastasia and Mindy's mother Genesis. They lived just four blocks from one another, attended the same church, and went to summer camps.

All of these thoughts lead Kimberly to reminisce the times she was happy, and sad. But there was one thing she had trouble with.

Actually coming up with lyrics.

The ideas were there, the concepts were visual, but she just could not get them down on a piece of paper. And even if she did, how would she piece them together to flow nicely through a melody.

She was stuck, and was on a time limit to get these songs completed.

"Mindy," Kimberly called out. She was also writing songs in Gustavo's office.

"Yes, what's up?" Mindy remove her headphones and asked.

Kimberly sighed, "I have ideas on what I want to write on, but I can't get them down on this freakin' paper."

Mindy pursed her lips. "Hmm, well, why don't you just sing it."

"What?"

"Sing the lyrics of what you're thinking about. That's how you'll piece them together and then just write it down."

Kimberly scrunched her eyebrows and thought about it. Was it really that easy? Mindy seemed to know a lot about writing lyrics, so she trusted her instincts, and did exactly that.

Only for her to be stopped midway by Kelly.

"Hey girls!" Kelly greeted, then explained. "So, Gustavo heard that you both were having trouble coming up with lyrics, so he suggested that he bring in a songwriter for you both."

Kimberly sighed out of relief. "That's great Kelly! Thank you-

"Uhm, why does he think we need a songwriter?" Mindy interjected. She clearly didn't want one.

"Well," Kelly started, then sighed. "Okay, in all honesty, these are his words not mine. He says you guys are taking too long to come up with lyrics for songs."