23: The Truth

In the dorm common area, the atmosphere was filled with a mix of jubilation and disappointment. Class 1-A had returned from the Provisional License Exam, and while most had reason to celebrate, there were a few faces marked with disappointment.

Bakugo sat with a scowl etched on his features, his arms crossed defiantly. "Damn provisional exam," he muttered under his breath, his frustration palpable.

Todoroki, usually composed, looked unusually subdued. "I didn't expect to fail," he admitted, his voice tinged with regret.

Yaze, sensing the tension, approached them with a reassuring smile. "Hey, it's not the end of the road. You'll get there," he said, his tone filled with empathy.

Bakugo shot him a sharp look. "Easy for you to say," he retorted, his tone bristling with frustration.

Yaze held his gaze steadily. "I've had my fair share of setbacks too. But they only make you stronger," he said, his voice firm with conviction.

Meanwhile, the rest of the class buzzed with excitement, sharing stories of their experiences during the exam.

"I can't believe I made it through!" Ashido exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with joy.

"Yeah, it was tough, but we pulled through," Kirishima added, his grin infectious.

Yaze joined in their laughter, feeling a sense of camaraderie wash over him. Despite the ups and downs, they were all in this together.

As the evening wore on, the disappointment began to fade, replaced by a renewed determination. Bakugo and Todoroki exchanged determined glances, silently vowing to redouble their efforts.

With Yaze's words of encouragement echoing in their minds, Class 1-A resolved to face the challenges ahead head-on, knowing that together, they could overcome anything that stood in their way.

* * *

As the celebration in the dorm common area reached its peak, Yaze's heightened senses picked up distant sounds that sent a jolt of concern through him.

"Is that Bakugo's explosions?" he muttered, his brow furrowing with worry.

Without hesitation, he turned to Ida, his voice urgent. "Ida, you're in charge. Don't let anyone leave the building," he instructed, his tone leaving no room for argument.

With a quick nod, Ida assumed his role, his posture stiffening with determination as he took charge of the situation.

Yaze activated his radar quirk, its limited range allowing him to detect the presence of individuals within a certain distance. A quick scan revealed three distinct blips on Ground Beta.

"Three people on Ground Beta," he noted to himself, his mind already racing with possibilities.

With a sense of purpose, Yaze set off towards the source of the commotion, his steps quick and purposeful. Whatever awaited him there, he was ready to face it head-on.

As Yaze approached Ground Beta, he witnessed Bakugo and Midoriya engaged in a heated altercation. Internally, he cursed himself for not preventing the situation, realizing he should have been more vigilant. Spotting All Might observing from a hidden vantage point, he opted not to interfere, deciding to observe the situation unfold.

Bakugo's voice echoed across the area, his words laden with intensity and frustration. Yaze listened in, silently taking in the exchange between the two students.

As the confrontation between Bakugo and Midoriya escalated, Bakugo eventually overpowered Midoriya, pinning him to the ground. Yaze, utilizing his heightened senses, strained to catch Bakugo's words amidst the chaos.