Chapter 34

🎈CHAPTER 34🎈

°•°Vanessa's POV°•°

The smell of the sewers wasn't doing any wonders for my nose, I thought it might actually kill my smelling senses, i was starting to sound like Eddie.

"Oh, man." Eddie says stepping into the grey water, turning around to help me through the tunnel, I'm gonna have to burn these clothes after we're done, I wouldn't want anything that might end up reminding me of this night.

"Blech. Gray water."

Following Mike very carefully since he knew where we had to do this ritual presicely which I was still questioning, going through another sewer tunnel, the water even deeper at the other end, at the opening up ahead, came a very familiar sight.

It was the place, we fought it last, when we were kids, the place we thought we ended it, but we didn't.

"Shit. This is it." Ben states, all of us probably feeling the same at this moment. "This is where it happened." He adds, as we walked forward, water got even deeper, but it wasn't like this before, there was so much sewer water now, I guess things could change a lot in 27 years. Mike led us deeper into the huge area, making my nerves throw warning signs in my head.

"No, no, no. No, ugh." Eddie says in disgust as something went past him, with his arms in the air, he avoided touching it. Mike climbed out of the water onto one of the pile, which there was a door located on top of it.

"Bev, what is it?" Ben asks, grabbing our attention, turning towards the woman who was looking into the darkness. "I thought I heard something." She says, before anything else, a weird, freaky, tall thing stood up from the water laughing, as she was screaming, it grabbed a hold of her, turning towards us.

"Bev!"

"Time to sink!" It says, pulling her under as he was laughing. Ben, Bill, Richie and Mike jumping in after her, leaving Eddie and me, the only one's behind.

"Guys." Eddie calls, as his voice echoes all around us, I tried taking a step towards the water to get a better look, but he grabbed my hand, pulling me back. "Okay, guys. Come on." Eddie says, but yet nobody came up, it started making me worry, and with Eddie keeping me here i couldn't go after them.

"Guys, come on. Please, come on." He says, as he started crying once more. "I don't want to walk out of here alone, with just Vanessa." He adds, just as all of them finally came up, it made me sigh out to see that they were okay.

"You okay?" Bill asks a crying Beverly.

"I feel like crying." Eddie says, wiping his eyes.

"Mike. Where do we go from here?" Richie asks tearfully, staring at the Hanlon man.

The door on top of the pile, is where Mike walked closer too, as he says, "In the depths is where it crept. In the beneath, to find belief. In the depths is where it crept, in the beneath to find belief."

That didn't sound good at all.

"Is he okay?" Ben asks.

"I think at this point that's a relative question." Richie states.

"What's on the other side?" Beverly asks, referring to the door.

"I don't know. No one does." Mike tells her, leaning down to open the door. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Bill says in protest.

"Mike."

Mike didn't listen flashing his light down the tunnel, it looked like there was no end to it.

"Mikey, don't." I say terrified of what could be down there, if it ever does come to an end.

"All right. See you down there." Mike says, before jumping in, with no fear.

"Mike!"

"Wait!"

Looking down, he didn't fall, he was holding onto some rocks, as he climbed down that way.

"Stay together." Bill says, getting ready to climb in next.

"Okay."

"Vanessa, guys, I can't do it. I can't. You saw what happened up there. I was gonna let Richie die, if it wasn't for Nessa who reacted so fast. I just fucking froze up. If you let me go down there with you, I'm gonna get us all killed." Eddie says, taking out his inhaler, I stepped forward taking it from his hands gently.

"Give it back, Vanessa." He demands, but I only shook my head at him, "Listen to me Eddie, so you froze up, that's not such a big deal, none of us are in any normal kind of situation right now, and think about it, who killed a psychotic clown before the age of 14?" I ask him calmly.

"Me." He says.

"You stabbed my crazy cousin with a knife, the same one you pulled out of your face, I wouldn't have been able to do that." I told him honestly.

"Who married a woman, who is way out of his league?" Richie asks, appearing next to me.

"Me." Eddie says.

"Yeah. You're braver than you think." Richie tells him.

"Thanks you guys." Eddie softly says, Richie slaps him on the cheek that had the knife in it.

"Ow."

"Sorry." Richie says, going to climb in next, me right behind him.

"Hey. Here. Take it." Beverly says, giving Eddie the fence spike, as she adds, "It kills monsters."

"Does it?" Eddie asks, unsure.

"Yeah. If you believe it does." Beverly says climbing in after me.

"Thanks Bev."

Climbing down wasn't easy, I felt like it's was going to take forever to get down, with each step we at to be careful or we could fall.

"You guys good?" Ben asks from the top.

"Yeah." Bill says, as their feet finally touched some sort of ground, looking at a very small space, that we have to go through. "Can you get through that?" Bill asks Mike.

"It's the only way. This way. It's in here!" Mike yells crawling through the small narrow path, which we had no other choice, but to crawl through.

"Through here." Bill yells, shining his flashlight to show us were he was at. "It's tight, but we can get through." He adds with some reassurance. There was a few times I almost bumped my head as I was crawling through, but I made it through.

•°Unedited°•