Chapter 8

Over the course of the next few weeks, mostly everything was normal, expect the fact that Ian and Anthony hadn't hung out outside of work lately. Anytime Anthony would suggest something, Jake already had plans for him and Ian. Anthony knew what Jake was up to, trying to keep Ian busy, so he'd have no time for Anthony. So he took matters into his own hands, and straight up just told Ian, so he couldn't object.

"*points to Ian* You.*points to self* Me. Hanging out this weekend. Don't care if Jake has planned something, just tell him you need some time with your best friend."

Ian just smiled, and didn't protest.

~~

That weekend Anthony showed up at Ian's door, and knocked. Ian answered within a few seconds, with the biggest smile on his face.

"Heyy!"

"Hiii!"

Anthony stepped inside and they gave each other a hug.

They pulled away,"So...Video games first?" Ian asked.

Anthony smiled, "You know it."

Anthony made his way over to the living room and began to set up the game, whilst Ian got them some snacks and drinks from the kitchen.

"Alright, I've got it set up." He said, and picked up two controllers. He stood back up.

Suddenly the bedroom door opened and Jake walked out. He stopped when he made eye contact with Anthony, and furrowed his brow.

"Um...??"

"Oh hey, Anthony's came over to hang out," Ian smiled. "Remember I told you he was coming over?"

Jake looked at him confused, "No."

"I told you a few days ago."

"I don't remember."

Ian let out a small sigh, "Okay, well, he's over. You can join us if you want?"

All Anthony was thinking at this point was, "Please say no."

"Nope. I'm just going to stay in the bedroom." Jake answered.

Anthony breathed a mental sigh of relief. Jake gave him one last look, then turned and walked away back to the bedroom, closing the door behind him.

"Alright, ready to play?"

"Yep," Anthony replied with a wide smile.

Ian brought over the snacks and drinks, and sat them on the coffee table. They sat down on the couch beside each other, and picked up their controllers.

~~

They played some video games for a few hours, and were now just sitting back on the couch, chatting and picking away at the snacks, with some music playing in the background.

"Hey, want to go to the beach?" Ian suggested.

Anthony smiled, "Sure, that sounds fun. Let's go."

They turned off the game console, tv, and music. Cleared up everything from the coffee table, then headed out the door.

~~

Ian and Anthony ran onto the beach, feeling the warm, soft sand beneath their feet. They quickly stripped their tops off, threw them down in the sand along with their flip-flops, and ran down to the water. Anthony ran right into the water as a wave washed back in, Ian ran away from it, playing that game where you try avoid the water.

Anthony stood in the water, "C'mon!" He yelled, motioning for Ian to join him.

Ian continued to run about, laughing. Anthony smirked, he walked through the water as quick as he could, back to the sand. He chased Ian about, both of them laughing, he finally caught him round the waist and lifted him.