chapter three

I ended up having to sleep on a matress on the ground with Hermione and Ginny in the beds. Ginny was supposed to give me her bed but I wouldn't allow it. I wasnt sure when Fred and I (and probably George) were leaving. I took a shower, which was thirty minutes, and got dressed in a red shirt tucked into a black skater skirt, I braided my hair and did my makeup, one thing different between Hermione and I, my hair isn't frizzy like hers and mines really long. I sprayed some perfume and left the bathroom feeling fresh. I tucked my wand into my black boot and went downstairs. "Good morning." I smile at the tired faces. "Ughhhhh." Ron groans. "What?" I ask. "Hermione did the same thing." George snickers. "Ughhhhhh." I mimick Ron and wink at Hermione. "You look nice." Hermione comments as I sit down. "She is going to the shop with me." Fred telld everyone. "Is George coming?" I ask. "No, what twin goes on a date and invites their twin?" Fred asks. My face goes red as Hermione chokes. "Date? You have been here less than 24 hours and you are going on a date with a guy who is two years older than you?" Hermione asks. "Yes. Besides, we are going to get to know each other." I explain. "I think it's great." Molly speaks up and smiles. "Same. You will be making Weasley products in no time." Ginny grins. "You mean Granger products?" I ask, taking a sip of orange juice. "No, I mean Weasley Products." She says cheekily. I choke on my orange juice as everyone starts laughing, except Hermione. "When you are done eating we can leave." Fred tells me. "What are you going to do?" I ask George. "Visit my girlfriend, Angelina." He smiles. I nod and stand up, "I'm not hungry so we can go." I tell Fred. We get up and Hermione sighs. "Be careful, Evangeline." Before I could correct her we were gone. We apparated in front of the shop and I smile dreamily. "It's so perfect." I breathe out. "I have never in my life had a girl so fascinated in this joke shop." He smiles throwing an arm around my shoulder. "Lets get inside before we atttact attention," he looks around worried. He unlocks the door and mutters a few spells and we enter. It was huge. The lights were off but you could still see everything through the sunlight the windows let through. "It's amazing." I breathe out. "Right?" Fred smiles. "Here, come here." He grabs my hand to pull me and I interlock our fingers. He looks back at me and I pretend to be staring at one of his products. Out of the corner of my eye he smiles, I feel him squeeze my hand before he continues leading me to wherever. He led me behind the counter and into the storage room. There was another door in the storage room and he opened it. "This is the work room, we never use it because we usually are working so we do it at the counter, so you can have it." He tells me. I look around at the blank walls and empty desk. I smile and pull my wand out, "Accio journals." I call out. I wait, then they were on the desk. I sit at the table and open my best journal, beckoning Fred over. He leaned over my shoulder as I open it. It seemed like minutes we spent talking. Our conversation started out over the inventions, that he says are amazing, then our conversation shifted to each other. We talked about growing up, siblings, favorite things. We talked about our schooling and everything was perfect, until a pissed off Hermione apparated into the room. We both jump and glance up at her, "Yes?" I question. "You have been gone since eight this morning." She states. "Okay, what time is it?" I ask. "Its five in the afternoon!" She yelps. "It felt like an hour." Fred murmurs to me and I nod in agreement. "Look, Weasley, I dont know what you are playing at but if you hurt my sister I will hex you." She hisses. Fred gulps and nods, "and you, come on! I found out I have a twin! I want to spend time with you!" She yells out in aggravation. "I see what this is about. You are jealous that I'm hanging out with Fred!" I exclaim. She looks at her feet, guilty! "Come on, we can hang out at the burrow." I smile at her. I look at Fred, "Thank you Fred. Today was fun." I grin, he nods. "You start work on Monday, give you the weekened to sleep. You can come here anytime and use the work room. Here is the keys, one for the entrance and one for this room." He tells me, giving me the keys. I give him a grateful smile and then we all apparate to the Burrow. "Come on, Hermione, let's go hang out." I smile, "I will be right back, I am going to the restroom." She tells me, before going upstairs. I look at Fred who was staring at me. "I would offer to take you out to get a butterbeer sometime but you are a muggleborn and I don't want to risk you getting hurt." He tells me. "It's fine." I reassure him. "I have firewhiskey at George and my place." Fred smirks and I laugh, "If I move in it can happen, but I'm not showing up at the burrow completely wasted." I point out, "Not if, when." Fred comments. I blush and nod. He makes me feel like a petty little school girl. "I'll see you later, yeah?" He askd and I nod. "Yeah." I murmur. He leans in and I lean, our faces were so close that I could feel his warm breath hitting me. "Evangeline." We jump apart as Hermione comes down the stairs. "I hate that name." I groan. "Why? Its better than Eva." Hermione retorts. I glare, "You got the cool name." I whine and she laughs. I give Fred one last look before following Hermione up to Ginny's room. "Where's Ginny?" I ask. "She is outside playing Quidditch with Harry." She smirks, air quoting 'Quidditch'.
That's how I spent the next two hours, talking to Hermione like an old best friend, who won't admit she is in love with Ron Weasley. When we were called for dinner I was slightly bummed out when George and Fred weren't there, turns out they spend most of their days at the apartment, which isnt shocking.