chapter sixteen

I apparate to the doors of the shop. I knock on the door. It was cold out and dark. I shudder as a whip of wind blows past. Images of death eaters clouds my brain and I fall weakly to the ground. "No." I whimper. A hand grabs me and I try to pull away. "No, no. Death eaters, no." The words fell out my mouth and I couldn't do anything. "Shhh. Its me." I couldn't process who, but it comforted me slightly
-----------------------------------------------------

"Will she be okay?" A soothing voice asks. I felt something damp being patted across my forehead. "I think so. She was pretty scared out there." Another replies. My eyes slowly opened and I saw Fred looking at me worried. "Evangeline." He breathes out. I open my mouth to speak but a cough comes out instead. "I am so so sorry." I whimper. I see George get up and leave the room just as Fred shakes his head. "My mom shouldn't have said that." He whispers. He brushes hair out my face, his fingers trail across my jaw. "You need to sleep." He states. I shake my head. "I just want you." I sit up softly and crawl into his lap. "Did you open the present i got you?" I ask, laying my head against his chest.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
"Yes. A journal." He smiles. "No, its for couples. I have one and you have one. If you open it and speak the name of your girlfriend or boyfriend then what they are thinking will be there." I explain. "I wish I would have known that." His voice was light but I knew he was worried. "I love you Freddie," I kiss his cheek, "so, so, so much."
I look into his eyes and noticed how tired he looks. My eyes fall away as guilt clouds my brain.
Why is everything my fault?