chapter nineteen

"Evangeline,"

"Oh, Evangelinnnneee,"

"Wakey, wakey,"

My eyes flutter open to Miss. Psychopath. My body was strangely numb and when I look down I cringe. "Do you like my art work?" She cackles. "My body," I question, meeting her eyes, "Are you bloody mad?!" Pain shoots through my body and I groan. "I like this one the most." She smirks, pointing at my bare stomach.
My breath hitched in my throat as I saw the eight letter word.
Mudblood
I was fine with being naked. She had been my best friend before all of this and had already seen everything but now, now, I feel insecure. The word was deeply marked into my body and I knew it would be there forever. A reminder. Tears form in my eyes and I try to blink them away. She smiles, "Awe. Did I upset you?" She asks. She grabs me by my hair and drags me to a corner of the basement. "Eat up, pig." She snarls, pushing a tray with a dinner roll on it and a glass of water. She grabs her knife and slices it at my hands. I scream, before realizing she was cutting the ropes on my hand. She laughs, before leaving the room. My stomach burned like fire. My body was too weak to do anything. I slowly sat up, making my stomach feel as if its burning like the bottom of hell. I grab my water, taking slow sips, savoring the taste on my dry throat. I eat a few pieces of the bread but it only hurts my stomach more. I push it away and lay down oncemore. "Whore, you have company!" Lacey yells from upstairs. I curl myself into a ball, hiding any part of me possible. I hear multiple footsteps and I close my eyes.
This is a dream. It has to be a dream. I am going to wake up on Fred's arms and none of this is real.
My eyes opened and I found myself safely in Fred's arms.
No, it doesn't work that way. This is the real world! But oh how I yearned to feel his lips on mine. His soft touch against my own. "Eva," a strict voice spoke. My eyes open quickly and in that moment I realize something.
The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.