Chapter seven

The next day, Tuesday,

"I want to thank you for letting me stay at the Burrow for so long." I tell Mrs. Weasley, as I hug her. "Oh its fine dear, I feel like I've known you for years." Mrs. Weasley tells me. "Do you need help with anything?" I ask. "No, its fine." She says as she whips her wand in all different directions muttering cleaning spells. "I can help, Fred gave me the day off and I don't want to spend it doing nothing." I smile. "You need a break, all you do is work. I want you to go home and sleep, if you do that, I will too." She promises. "Okay." I give up and apparate. I change out of my outfit into a sports bra and yoga pants, and my fuzzy cat socks. I put my hair in a bun and then go to my bed and snuggle into the blankets.
Only a few minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Evangeline!" I groan, "What time is it?" I ask. "It's nine, we closed the shop. Its time for dinner." George calls. I sigh and get up, rubbing my eyes and plopping down in a chair. "Nice outfit." Fred comments. I glance down and my face goes red, "Oh yeah...I knew I was forgetting something." I brush it off and they laugh. "I'm sorry. I would have cooked, I didn't realize I would sleep for so long." I apologize. "It's fine, you have been cooking since before you moved in, I even learned a few things while you were here." George smiles and hands me my plate. If you want me to tell you we ate in a nice quiet manner-you are wrong. We talked about the shop for five minutes, then George got bored. I felt spaghetti noodles slap across my face and I turned. "The fuck Weasley?!" I exclaim. He snickers and I grab a handful, shoving it down his shirt. Fred laughs, but then George and I both chuck some at him. We ended up in a huge food war. Spaghetti was in places speghetti should not be. "Not down my sports bra! I have enough!" I scream at George as he tries to force it in. We all were yelling and laughing, until we heard a noise down in the shop. We went quiet, I muttered a spell to clean us up and we walked down. Fred grabbed my hand, "Stay here." He instructs. I scoff but don't move. I stand at the staircase as they looked around in the dark. I was scared, as I stood looking for where they went a hand touched my shoulder making me scream. "Relax, its just me." Fred laughs. I had tears in my eyes as I tried to slow down my breath. "That wasn't funny." I breath out and dig my head into his chest. "Are you crying?" He asks. I sniffle, and he knew the answers. "I'm sorry. It was funny in my head." He tells me. "I forgot that you are technically being hunted." He whispers. I pull away and punch him in the arm. "I deserved that." He winces. "Where's George?" I ask, seeing the outline of Fred's face in the dark. "George?" Fred calls, "Over here. Someone messed up the power." He calls. "George get away from there, it must have just happened because we had power upstairs!" I call out quickly, scooting closer to Fred. He doesn't answer. "George?!" I call out. "George?" Fred yells, his hand grabs mine, pulling me so close that I could hear his heart hammering in his chest. "It's okay. I'm right here." George smiles and we turn seeing him beside us. "What do you think it was?" I whisper looking around. "I think an animal." George shrugged. I quickly bounded up the stairs, "She was scared to death. You can't shrug this off, Death Eaters are after muggleborns, George." Fred hisses at George as I go to my room. I shut my door behind me and climb into bed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3:42

My eyes blink to adjust to the clock light. I breath, this is the third time I have woken up in the past hour. I get up quietly and opened the door. I contemplated on whether to wake Fred up or not. I entered his room quietly and shook his shoulder. "Fred?" I whisper. "Hmm?" He asks, eyes closed. "Is it okay if I sleep in here. I keep having nightmares." I whisper, I felt vulnerable. Everytime I close my eyes I see Death Eaters. His eyes open, looking worried. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, I gulp and shake my head, "No, I just want to sleep." I say quietly. He nods and scoots over, "You are always welcome in my bed." His voice was hoarse and masculine from just waking up. I climbed into his bed and snuggled against him, "is that a perverted joke?" I ask, tiredly. "No, you took it that way." He laughs, nuzzling his head into my neck. "Goodnight, Fred." I whisper. "Night, babe." He murmurs, kissing my lips softly, before falling sound asleep. The kiss left me shocked, he hadn't kissed me full on the lips. I couldn't tell if it was because he wasn't thinking properly while being half-awake, or if he meant it. My eyes closed after a few minutes and I actually slept peacefully.