chapter four

Monday

I didn't see Fred or George for the rest of the weekened, but it was okay because I woke up bright and early Monday morning. I took a shower and got ready in my loose button up crop top and high waisted pants. I pinned my hair out my face and did my makeup before getting my sandals on and grabbing my wand. I apparated to the entrance and muttered the entering charms and unlocked the door. The lights were still off so I figured they were still sleeping. I sighed and trudged upstairs, quietly opening their apartment door. I snuck enter the first room I saw. George was sound asleep, I go to the next room and peep in, seeing Fred asleep to. I sigh and shrug, going back downstairs and into my small work room. I take out the small cauldron under the desk and set everything up. I work for hours, keeping time. At ten they opened the shop, I don't think they knew I was here. At eleven I dropped a glass jar, cursing like a sailor, and thats when they knew I was here. "Evangeline?" George questions coming in. "Hey, Ive been here since eight." I smile as I sigh, grabbing my wand "It was perfect too." I groan before levitated the mess to the trashcan. George chuckles, "We thought you were late, turns out you were early." He laughs. "I went up to see if you were awake but you were both asleep." I shrug, as I start to remake my potion. "And dont call me Evangeline." I whine. "It's a pretty name." Fred speaks up, coming into my work room aswell. "Whatcha making?" He questions. "It's a temporary love potion, I noticed you had love potions and I dont think you should have them because if someone is under the love potion and have a child, the child cant fall in love." I explain, mixing the potion once more. "So with this, it prohibits having children while under it and its for a shorter time." I add. "Smart." They comment, simultaneously. "Shouldn't someone be working the front desk?" I comment. "Right." George chuckles and leaves. Fred hangs back, leaning against the door. I finished the potion in a shorter amount of time since I knew what I was doing. I carefully poured the potion into a glass and hand it to Fred. "Finished." I state. "You have been here for one day, and already have something better than we have." He says, astonished. "Why so surprised?" I mock and open my journal to start something else. "You're just...perfect." Fred explains. I didn't even have time to be embarrassed, an owl swoops in with my mail and I quickly open them.

Dear Eva,

We have kept this a secret but its time to tell you, we had charms placed on Hannah* because she was pregnant nine months ago. She gave birth two weeks ago to a healthy baby boy. You are an aunt! I want you to meet Elijah. Any place?
Love, Elliot

I quickly send a message back,

Dear Elliot,

Oh my gosh! Meet me at Weasleys Wizard wheezes! Anytime.
Bring Hannah
Love, Eva.

"What?" Fred asks as I quickly send the letter off, not caring that my old best friend didn't answer me. "My brother and his wife had a child and didnt tell anyone till now, since he was born a few weeks ago." I explain. "I haven't seen him in months." I add. "Is he coming here?" Fred asks. "Yes, if you dont mind." I tell him. "Its fine, I can't wait to meet him." Fred smiles. I get back to work and Fred steps closer, "Im going back to work, love." He whispers, kissing my cheek before leaving. My face burned red as I focused on my work.
I glanced at all the scribbles in my journal.
I go to the very back, trying to figure out where my fake makeup went.
Its foundation, but in it you have to add certain things to make it react. For instance if you add one Toads heart, you will break out in warts. Add dragons dung and your face will swell. I have the remedy completed in ten minutes, just a quick thing. The actual foundation took an hour, and me having to use some of the remedy on my self when I spilled it. I am too clumsy.

*hannah is Elliots wife.