chapter fifteen

Evangelines Pov

"Angelina Im fine. I am just going on a walk." I state, heading for the door. "You need to eat and you cant go there alone!" she says quickly, grabbing my wrist and pulling me away from the door. "I'm not hungry." I growl. "No you are starving. Why are you doing this?!" she questions.
I don't know.
"Eva, please. Talk to me! You have been here for a week and you look so pale and limp." she mumurs. I don't say anything again. I turn around and she breaks down sobbing. "I can't help you Evangeline. You need Fred." she cries. She doesn't look at me, and I dont look at her
Because we both know she is right.

I walk away, going back to the room I've stayed in on many sleepless days. The letters Fred keep sending me are sitting unopened on the table. I sigh and grab them, sitting on the bed, bracing myself. I open the first one he sent,

Dear Evangeline,

I know you hate the name. But I love it.
I know you hate me now. But I love you.
I know you don't want to see me and it's okay...because you'll come back. Right? I have never loved anyone like this. I cant get you out of my head. I want you to be safe in my arms. Knowing you wont be getting any sleep is hurting. The ring was a promise. If you are worried about marriage, don't be. I just wanted to promise to be with you forever.

Love you always,
Fred

I put the letter down and ignored the others. "Angelina, I am so sorry." I exclaim, running back to the room she is in. I grab her and hug her tightly. "Im so stupid. I don't know whats wrong with me anymore." I cry. "George owled me, Fred is just as miserable as you. He even knows you are here....he has been giving you space." She says softly. "Please, I love you girl but go home." She smiles lightly. I sigh and nod hesitantly, "I guess I should." I whisper, more to myself than her.