chapter thirty

Everything is black.
No, not the black you get when you wake up from the worst head trauma ever. The kind when you go to a funeral and everything has to be made even more depressing. I sat in the front with my parents and siblings by my side, Elijah in my arms. Two caskets were out. One with Evangelines body, another empty, symbolizing our unborn baby. The words hurt. Death hurt. So much was lost and I only wish it was me instead.
So many people died during the war! Pictures sat in front of her casket. The pictures George took when I proposed were laying there. The first time I get to see them was supposed to be for our wedding day, not this. Her smiling face, my smirking grin. None of that will be the same! The priest drones on about how Evangeline fulfilled her purpose in life. It was so unlively and it made me mad. The more I sat there, the more furious I became. I finally stood up, causing quiet a scene. "She wasn't just a girl! She didn't fulfill nearly enough! She was beautiful and had so much more to live for. You could look at her and instantly light up. She had so much to say and went through so much." I exclaim. It was quiet as I sat down. "She was my twin. I will forever be guilty if the things I said to her." I glance over and see Hermione now standing, with Ron looking worriedly at her. "But I will not mourn her forever. She will forever be with me, and hopefully she forgives me for everything." Hermione sits down. "She was so caring. All she ever did was care. She was so mature and acted like my mother figure." Despina was talking and the more people stood up and talked the more a weight lifted from my body. "We will not forget Evangeline." George spoke.