chapter twenty-eight

"I sent a letter to all our friends and family telling them about the engagement and about Elijah." Fred announces. Coming into the room where I was feeding Elijah. "Thank you." I smile. Its getting crowded in the small apartment. With me fully moved into Freds room, we turned the guest room into Elijahs. We went out to a few muggle stores to get him clothing since the wizard shops are mainly closed at this point. "He is going to look like his father." I murmur, stroking my thumb across Elijahs soft cheek. Fred doesnt answer and I look up to see him sitting on the bed staring at me. "What?" I ask. "You are a wonderful mother." He tells me. "You think so?" I ask. "What if I mess up? What if he misses his parents? What do I do if he tries to call me mum?" The questions start pouring out my mouth and Fred stands up, taking sleeping Elijah and putting him back in his bed in the other room. He comes in and pulls me into his lap. His hand traild across my waist as he stares into my worried eyes. "Do not think about it. You, the baby, me, George. Nothing else, do not over think anything." He states. We sit quietly for awhile before Fred speaks again. "Angelina wants to move in here. We could aways go ahead and move into the house." He smiles. "That would be-" I start but I hear Georged voice. "The order wants us at Hogwarts" George calls. "What about Elijah?" I ask. "I am going to take him to Tonks parents. They are probably watching Teddy too." George rushes. Grabbing Elijah out of my arms and apparating before I could say no. I turn to look at Fred, "I am scared." I whisper. He kisses my lips and runs his hands through my hair. "Don't be, I will be right beside you." He smiles. We apparate.
I instantly knew it was different than the small invasion from the desth Eaters. This was far more advanced than any war. I clutched my wand in one hand and Fred's hand in the other. Spells flew everywhere. People were falling to the ground left and right but I never had time to see if I knew then or not. "EVA!" I turn in see Despina surrounded. In the small time we have been apart I could already see how much she grew. I let go of Fred's hand and hurry to her. "Evangeline!" Fred calls from behind me. I fire spells at the Death eaters and grab her. "You shouldn't be here!" I exclaim. "I know!" She cries. "I just wanted to find my mum." She whispers. "Who is your mum?" I ask. "It doesn't matter," her eyes go hard, "she is dead." I felt bad for her. Its so difficult to loose someone at such a young age. I turn and see Fred talking to Percy, and laughing. How strange, I thought he hated Percy. I walk over to them and see a wall falling down. "Fred!" I scream and run to them pushing them out of the way.

I felt the wall collapse onto me.