chapter seventeen

"I got a howler?!" I exclaim. The day after I come home happened to be the day everyone went back to Hogwarts, oops. Its been a few months and she is just now talking to me...via howler "Oh gosh." I whisper, opening it. The store was empty, except for George, Fred and I.
"How dare you?! Not talk to your sister at all! I was worried sick before I left. Do you even care about me?! You care more about Weasley than me! Do you ever think about others feelings. You are so careless about others feelings. I agree with Mrs. Weasley, you should not be with Fred if you cant give him kids. You are ruining his life!" Hermione sounded snotty and rude, it hurt. The words echoed in my head as I dropped the howler, then it explodes. It was quieter than ever in the store. I knew the twins were staring at me, but my eyes didn't leave the spot the howler blew up. "Evy," George starts. I glance up, shaking my head, "I am fine." I breathe out. I go up to the apartment and enter Fred and I's room. I curl up into a ball and sigh. "Babe?" Fred's voice was soft as he knocks on the door. "Yeah?" I ask, voice cracking. I'm not going to cry. He enters the room and shakes his head. "We can't keep doing this. I dont want you to be upset." He speaks he climbs into bed, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Dont you think I would have said something by now if I truly didnt want to be with you?" He asks against my neck. I don't answer and he trails kisses along my neck. I crack a smile and turn to face him, running my hand through his hair. "That's the smile I love to see." He grins, pecking my lips. "We are going to get through this. I promise you." His eyes meet mine and I knew he meant it. "Evy, Freddie!" George exclaims running in, panting. We both quickly sit up, "What?" I question. "Death Eaters at Hogwarts, come on. We have to help the order!" He exclaims. I grab my wand and put my shoes on before we all floo to the castle. We tumble out and I kiss Fred on the lips before running off, looking for my sister. I cast spells that most people my age wouldn't know. Heads turned as I lunged at Death Eaters everywhere. I hear a scream and see a small girl getting tortured by a death eater. "You filthy mudblood!" The death eater laughs. I quickly ran over, tackling the death eater. He flips me over, pinning the wand to my neck. "You trying to mess with me?" He sneers. "Crucio!" He hisses. I scream in pain, "RUN" I choke out to the little girl. She wipes tears from her face before running off, hopefully to hide. He stops the spell and I lay limp on the ground. He laughs and I take the chance to grab my wand. "Avada Kadavra!" I scream in pain, pointing my wand at the man. In an instant he was dead and I felt no sorrow. I let out a breath as I slowly stand up. My eyes look up and meet the little girls. She runs over and hugs me. "Thank you so much." She whispers. She trembled at my touch and I gave her a light squeeze. "My name is Evangeline, I go by Eva or Eve." I introduce myself, watching out around me for spells. "I am Despina." She tells me. "What year are you in?" I ask. "I'm a first year, Gryffindor. I was suppose to be with the others in hiding but I got seperated." She explains. "Stay with me. I will keep you safe." I tell her. She raises her arms and I laugh, picking her up. I hold her with one hand and start sending spells with the other. All at once they all are gone and I hurry to the Great Hall. "Dumbledore is dead!" A voice yells. I glance up to see Harry bursting through the Great Hall. "Snape killed him!" He screams. He looked insane. I put my wand away and hugged Despina. "It's okay now." I whisper as she sniffles. "Evy!" A voice exclaims. I turn to see Fred, and all the Weasleys coming over. "Hey." I put Despina down and grab her hand. Fred hugs me tightly and brushes his fingers across my bleeding forhead. "Im okay." I whisper, kissing him. "Who is this?" George asks. "Im Despina. She saved me." Despina smiles. I smile weakly. Dessy went on explaining each detail. Fred getting more worried as she explains how I was tortured but got up anyway. "Im fine." I assured everyone. "Evangeline Granger." A voice booms and I turn, "Lacey?!" I gasp, I walked toward her, my grip loosening from Despina. "Eva dont-" but it was too late.
I didn't realize she was in a death eater outfit. Only if I did, maybe everything would have been okay. If only I hadnt been so dim witted.

If.
Only.