Chapter 31: Guardian Rising PT: 5

Night had begun to fall on Gotham once more. Everyone more than usual were keen on locking their windows and doors as well as arming themselves. I mean how could you blame them? Their fearless Dark Knight was a whole another world and dimension away, giving the criminals dwelling within the underbelly of the city free rein to do what they pleased. Or at least that's what they thought. After Harley, Komand'r, and I met up with Alfred, Barbara, and Tim, the three of us had gone back to our apartment.

"Here, bite down on this."
Ivy instructed.
"I know that I already told you of the side effects that could occur should you use too much of this stuff. But given the current circumstances and your tenacity love, I'm going to make the exception."
I took a deep breath and gave her a silent nod as she looked to Komand'r and Jinx.
"Hold him down."

As she told them to do so, Jinx had used your powers to create restraints as Komand'r held my shoulders down. When she started applying the sap, I got assemblance of the feeling that Nicolas Cage got when he played as Johnny Blaze in Ghost Rider. It felt like my entire body was on fire to the point where my muscles and skin were melting off. That part only lasted a very brief moment but it didn't hurt any less as the pain began to subside and turn into more of a body wide bee sting.

"GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!"
I growled through the gag as Ivy applied the sap to the rest of my body. Leslie and the other sat there and watched in silence as this was happening. Finally when it was all over I was sweating bullets but still feeling far better than what I had prior. Then after I had taken a cold shower I got changed into my suit just as everyone else did.

"How ya feelin Mista D?"
Harley asked as I cracked my neck.

"Ready."
I said as I then received a call from Alfred over comms.
"Go for Rogue."

"Good evening sir, did you by chance see the Batsignal last night?"
He asked.

"Pretty sure most of the people in Gotham saw it, why what's up?"
I asked in reply.

"It would appear that Mr. Dent's rehabilitation fell through. Commissioner Gordon had just received word that two choppers had been stolen. One a Valkyrie Attack Chopper and the other just being one for carrying tourists."
As I took a moment to think about it, it hit me.

"It's the second of the month isn't it?"
I asked.

"Indeed it is sir, it would also happen to be the anniversary of when Batman had last apprehended Mr. Dent. We can discuss more of this when you arrive, Batgirl and Robin are already on their way here."
I simply nodded as we all proceeded on to the balcony.

"Thanks for the heads up, were enroute to the Belfry."
Once Alfred was off comms I turned and looked to the others.
"Same thing as before, we help those that need help on the way to our destination. Like some of us had thought, Dent is back on some bullshit and planning something. We're meeting Batgirl and Robin at the Belfry."

"Of course."
Ivy sighed.
"Some people are just so predictable."

"Blackfire and Livewire, your our eyes in the sky. You spot anything, call it out."
The two of them smiled with sinister glee.

"Of course Bumgorf, hehe!"
Blackfire giggled in delight.

"Time to bring the thunder!"
Livewire agreed as she and Blackfire shot themselves into the sky.

"Let's move!"
I exclaimed before the rest of us jumped off the balcony.

I held onto Harley as Killer Frost and Jinx travelled yet again as if they were from Infamous. Ivy used her vines to launch herself from one rooftop to the other and to make her landings more smoothly. Along the way to the Belfry we had stopped when this pimp had thrown this girl into the back of a Taxi.
"Get in the fucking car bitch!!"
He ordered her as she cried.