chapter 34: you.

{A year later:}

A year. A whole year had gone by... and I still hadn't told anyone about the deal. I felt horrible. I hated myself for it. I only had 11 months left here. With Sam, Dean and Bacon. And Sam and Hazel don't ever talk.

It's probably been the worst year ever.

I walked down the empty hallway, not able to sleep once again. Only...

I heard giggles from Sam's room.

Manly giggles.

I walked to his door, softly knocking.

"Um, yeah?" Sam replied after a moment.

"Hey...what's going on? Is there a secret party I wasn't invited to?" I peeked through the door.

Sam was laying on the bed like a girl, on his stomach, head propped up with his elbows, and a childish grin on his face. Not to mention his feet were in the air, like a middle school girl.

His laptop was on in front of him. "Sam? Who's that?" I heard Hazel's voice speak through the speaker.

"It's (Y/N)... looks like she caught us."

Sam made a fake scared look.

"Did I miss something?" I questioned, so confused.

Did he call her every night?

That's great. It means he still has a good relationship with her. However, me and Dean...

I'd been sort of avoiding him. He keeps asking about it, and I don't tell him the truth. And he knows I'm lying every time.

"You okay, (Y/N)? Something wrong?" Sam sat up, glancing at his laptop screen before looking at me. Hazel's giggles and talking went silent.

"No...nothing. Everything's ok." I turned around walking out of his room.

I ran right into something as soon as I walked out.

It was Dean.

My eyes widened, and I looked down.

"(Y/N)? I was looking for you...why'd you leave bed?" he questioned, putting his hands on my shoulders, trying to get eye level with me.

I shook my head, "No reason. I was getting water." I lied, hoping he'd take it.

"In Sam's room? Honey, you know you can talk to me...right...?"

He tried looking into my eyes, but I kept my head down.

"Baby look at me...please. I can't do this anymore..." he sighed, pulling me to his chest.

I couldn't help it.

My bottom lip quivered, and the rims of my eyes stung. I felt his hand move through my hair as he kissed the top of my head.

"Come back to bed with me...We can talk there."

He grabbed my hand, letting me go and starting to walk back toward my bedroom.

We'd always gone back and forth between his bedroom and mine, never staying in one together.

He says it's because he likes the smell of my pillows, and I like the smell of his pillows, so we can take turns each night smelling each other.

Which does sound a little weird, I know. But it's his quirkiness that makes me love him more.

I walked inside my bedroom, and Dean immediately wrapped his arms around me from behind me.

He pressed kisses to my neck, making me squeak with surprise.