Chapter Forty Two

•:Exhausted Efforts:•

   ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rafes arm is wrapped around me like an iron rod. Holding me so tight and close to him as his fingers caress my skin softly and my waist. My leg draped over his waist. My inner thigh pressed against the hard divots of his abs. His other hand stroking up and down the back of my calf.

My body went completely limp and I collapsed into a heaving ball of strangled breath and sweat as he got up to take care of the condom, returning a minute later in a pair of sweatpants before he climbed into bed next to me and pulled me into him, wrapping me in his warmth and filling my nose with his spicy scent.

My fingers traveling over every inch of his broad shoulders before snaking up his throat, sliding my fingers behind his head while my palm rests on the column of his throat. Kissing and rubbing my tongue along the soft skin, sucking until he growls deep within his throat. My lips dragging along every surface of the curve of his neck. Pressing sloppy kisses on every surface they touch.

I'm too far gone. I'm beginning to think my entire existence, down to my breath is owned by this man.
The muscle behind my chest swells tenderly, coursing tingles and fuzz laced blood through my veins. So deep and intense I just want to shut my eyes and wallow in it.

My fingers trail up his jaw before I lift my head tk rest higher on the pillow. Tilting his face down to meet my gaze. Butterfly wings scraping behind my ribs when I do. Dark and heavy, the moonlight illuminating their icy color. His full lips swollen from kissing; matching mine.

His long dark lashes fluttering when he blinks, framing his beautiful eyes. His gaze searching softly around my features flickering with something that looks the way my chest feels.

"Thank you for helping Aria" I tell him. His brows furrowing before I lean in and press a soft kiss to his lips. "She told you?" He asks, adjusting his arm around me and squishing my shoulders until I'm flesh against him and he sinks between my legs. The fabric of his sweats pressing into the bare spot between my legs.

"Mhm" I mumble, dragging my fingers down his jaw. She did.. Shortly after he and Liam left and I was violently ill. I've never cried so quickly to someone telling me something than I did then. I held her as we both sobbed and Haley look at us like we were freaks when she finally came to see where we were and found us wrapped in each others arms on the living room floor.

Asking if there was an earthquake or something before proceeding to tell us we looked stupid.

She was probably right. We probably looked ridiculous but it didn't matter. I was already strategizing how to go kill the little prick myself until she told me Rafe and Liam already took care of it and then everything clicked into place.