dance

Hey guys! I'm not entirely sure abt the title, i rlly couldnt think of anything for it. Also, thanks for the suggestions on my message board! If you haven't added a suggestion, go ahead to my profile's conversation board, or go back a few chapters and comment some ideas. Now for the story!

This story is based on the book "Nothing More to Tell" by Karen M. McManus. I recently have been reading books by this amazing author, you should check them out! But now I'm rereading PJO. Slayyyy! Ok, I'm getting off-topic. This chapter is in Keefe's POV, but in the book, it is in Tripp(Noah)'s POV. Enjoy, and make sure to comment a few suggestions on the ideas chapter!

⭐Human AU⭐

⭐Keefe's POV⭐

Sophie was driving me to school. My Dad was giving me hell before she picked me up. Fuck you, Dad. Sophie and I were just friends now because I was too much of a coward to confess. She deserves better anyway. But... the silence in the car was getting quite boring.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes. I check it, only to see a text from Biana, who formerly had a crush on me. Now she's dating Tam Song, another boy from our grade who I despise. I dunno why, but I just hate him.

I looked to my side. Sophie was focusing on the road, one hand on the steering wheel, the other in my hand (A/N Our Song by Tay!!). She was absentmindedly running her thumb in circles on my backhand and was humming a tune, wearing a small smile on her face. The motion sent tingles up my arm.

I checked the text.

You can still come to the dance with me and Tam.

Only if you don't bring Sophie.

I sighed and turned back to Sophie. She was still humming peacefully. I let out a breath and asked the question I've been wanting to ask for the past week.

"So... are you going to the winter dance?"

Sophie glanced at me, then looked back at the road. "I mean... I was going to go with Dex and Marella... but I don't think they want to go with me. They're kinda... I don't know. They're kind of mad at me."

"I mean..." I said. "You could re-quit the school writing program... or you could go to the dance with me?" It came out more like a question than a statement.

Sophie looked at me again, her gold-flecked eyes lingering on our intertwined hands. She grinned. "Are you asking?"

"Are you making me ask twice?" I asked. Wow. That... kind of sounded rude.

"No," Sophie said. "I mean... no to the second question, and yes to the first. Sure I'll go to the dance with you."

hope you enjoyed that lil oneshot!

byee

~ sophieswiftie