4. R.I.C.O.

My heels clicked against the tiled floors quickly, I am regretting ever wearing these shoes. Seriously, what the fuck was I thinking wearing these too school. Oh well I look fucking fantastic so guess I'll just suffer a little longer.

"IMEDLA!" Jacksons voice comes fromm behind me, bounding down the hall towards.

Quickly I turned, my bag slapping against my back at the abrupt change in direction. He came running down the hall, smiling at me.

"Hey!" I said," where are you going?"

He nods towards the office doors," got called up, coach told me as I was walking out of the locker room."

"Have any idea why?" I asked him.

He shrugs his shoulders," no clue honestly, whatever it is must not be good. I've been meaning to ask you, heard Charlie is in town."

I nod, both of us continuing walking," yeah... he came back the night of formal. Says he wants to be here to take care of me and all that shit. I mean honestly I could give a fuck but you know he's being nice enough so why should I be an entire bitch about it."

"You know you can come stay with me right? David would practically throw a party and show off," he says with a hateful tint to his words as his tongue rolls of the name of his adopted father," but you could come stay. We could stay up and watch Space Jam or Hoosiers all night."

"That's a nice thought Jackie," I say with a smile, looking at him," but I think it's best I sit this one out... no matter how much I hate him. Besides worst case scenario is he leaves and I'm left here again."

He nods, stopping me so I turn and we are facing each other," still... you have me. I told you I'd always be here and now that I'm turning I guess I can protect you. Whatever you are..."

I roll my eyes," a Dea... technically I am just like a werewolf with a little more durability and gift. Besides I can protect myself just fine."

He nods," durable or not you're still the Imelda I use too watch drool."

"Hey!" I smack him gently," I do not drool and you creep! Who watches someone sleep!"

He narrows his eyes," it's kind of hard to sleep when you're practically sleeping on my lap."

I shrug my shoulders," whatever... you're just pissed I leave you alone."

"Yeah okay," he says sarcastically and then looks me up and down before seriously saying," hey. You look beautiful today."

I smile deviously, showing off my dress in a twirl," who would have thought huh? I think I've broken some hearts today."

"Definitely," he says, smirking.

"Hey Jackson," I say, looking down both hallways and leaning in to peck him on the lips. My knees wobble for a moment but I compose myself and lean away smiling.

"Thanks," Jackson smiles appreciatively.

"No problem," I say," but do me a favor and help me the rest of the way there... I'm still trying to get ahold of not passing out and so far I've managed to just get woozy."

He extends his arm and I catch it, wrapping my arm around it as he slowly leads me down the hallway.

---

Jackson went in before me, nodding and handing me 5 bucks since I kept complaining that I was hungry and forgot my money at home. So while he went in I went in search of a vending machine... or Chuck cause for some odd reason his backpack was always full with chips and candy ready to sell.