20. Nightcrawler

"Are you nervous?" Peter questioned me after long minutes without me speaking, focusing all my attention on driving.

"Shut the fuck up Peter," I growled, "or I swear I will purposely crash this car and kill you again."

"Touchy, touchy," he teases, "don't worry your pretty little head sweetheart. Saving Jackson will be the easy part, dealing with all your feelings will be the hard part."

I scoffed," and what the fuck do you know about my love life."

"Enough to know that you, my angelic goddess, have more then enough admirers for a lifetime," He smiled while saying.

"If this is your declaration of love for me Peter I will crash this car," revving the engine of Derek's Camaro just to show how serious I was.

He had thrown the keys my way right after Peter had explained everything I had to do, which of course had caused even more awkward tension between Derek and I.

"Through his heart? I'll save him by getting to his heart?" I reiterated what Peter had just explains to me.

He sighed, looking over to his nephew who had conveniently left in the opposite direction. My eyes had watched him leave the entire time Peter spoke to me in grave detail over this whole process I was to do.

"So what am I just suppose to call him out?" I questioned, biting my lip.

"No... well I don't exactly know," he says answers me timidly.

My eyes widen," so I'm suppose to save Jackson somehow yet you don't know exactly how?"

He rolls his eyes," look you'll figure it out in that moment okay. You can do it."

Sighing heavily I look at the Camaro keys in my hands, "why do I have a feeling this is going to cause a whole another mess of shit."

"Aren't you even a little curious as to know who else might be falling for you?" Peter questions me, looking directly forward, towards the empty warehouse we are headed towards.

"This place has way too many empty buildings," I comment before flickering my eyes over towards Peter," and no. Not even slightly curious to know."

"I'm sure your heart will let you know soon," Peter tries to tease.

In response I lift one middle finger in his direction, hitting the breaks a little to hard so Peter is almost chocked by the seatbelt. The car comes to a rough halt, right outside the warehouse, as I shut it off.

"Where do you think you're going?" Peter questions me.

"To go find Scott, Isaac, and Jurassic World set loose," I sarcastically answer.

"So pretty yet so ridiculously clueless", he mutters and grabs my wrist from continuing.

"What the fuck," I growl, yanking my wrist away from him.

"Just wait for them to show up before looking like open bait," he says, retracting his hand.

I roll my eyes but stalk after him, where he goes to hid behind a few steel structures.

"Where's Derek?" I question.

The lights of a car pull in, blinding me for a moment before I realize that it isn't Scotts car.

"Get back here," Peter hisses when I walk out of the darkened hiding spot.

Shooting him a look I continue to walk forward, "you fucking coward."

He doesn't come out of the spot so I just walk up to truck, where Isaac and Scott come out with Jackson in a black body bag.

"I think he stopped moving," Isaac comments when they have him on the ground.