Framed

Oliver Kent had, at some point, become the hot-shot at Hogwarts. He'd had what his friend Declan called a "glow-up" (whatever that meant) and sometime between his gangly, uneven-tooth days of first and second year and now he'd become windswept and dreamy. Girls giggled when he walked by, tossing his hair out of his face as it flopped forward over his forehead, and they giggled when he rolled his shoulders in that way that he did. Vivian had taken to gazing at him and making comments about how blue his eyes were and she wasn't alone - girls in other houses were always asking Vivian and Macy how they got anything done being in classes with Oliver Kent.

Macy invariably raised an eyebrow at this, "Who knows, he's such a bother it's a wonder we get anything done with any of the D.W.O. around."

But Vivian always cooed, "I haven't the faintest," as she smirked and flushed about the nose.

Oliver had started out mortified and confused by all the attention, but after the summer he'd had - leaving the group home he'd been living in and moving in with the Odairs with his brothers, going to the World Cup, meeting Jack Scout, and seeing other people taking seriously a dream he had of becoming a pro Quidditch player, he started to become more accustomed to the attention. Started enjoying it a bit. Started soaking it up and grinning when he saw the girls looking at him dreamily, started saying "hullo" at them in a low voice that always got them swooning, and started strutting about a bit. The more he trained, the more defined his muscles started to become and he started to feel... confident.

Wally stared at Oliver now the way Oliver once stared at him. And funny enough that was how they met and became friends with Declan Alectric.

Declan was a Ravenclaw and seemed to come out of no where. They didn't remember him from prior years, but that wasn't particularly strange - after all, the Gryffindors had been grouped with Slytherin for Potions and Hufflepuff for Herbology but they didn't really have a class with the Ravenclaws before and it was only in fourth that they started mingling the classes together as some of the classes had become optional and it was very much possible that Declan had simply not really crossed their path in a meaningful way before.

It wasn't even really odd that Declan knew Dexter, Wally and Oliver so well. Everyone at Hogwarts knew the D.W.O. - just as everyone had known the Marauders. They'd really built up a reputation for themselves by then and they were either adored or despised by everyone, depending on one's humor. Consequently there were a great deal of people at Hogwarts that knew them that they didn't know.

But the first time they'd really met Declan had been at the start of term, the second morning on the way down to breakfast. He had been standing in the Entrance Hall looking rather out of place and confused, wide eyes scanning the crowded hall. He had really stood out because he had bright blue hair that matched his robes, and when he saw the D.W.O. coming down the stairs, he'd actually gasped and stared at Oliver with awe.

Dexter had snickered and elbowed Wally and Wally looked and saw Declan staring at Oliver and a grin crossed his face. "Lookie there, Ollie, you've an admirer," he'd whispered.

Oliver had turned around and spotted Declan himself and laughed.

"Like you haven't been staring at him exactly the same," Dexter teased Wally and Oliver blushed at that.

Wally said, "Yeah well that's different."

Dexter laughed, "Yeah. You don't look as cool as he does doing it. Look at that hair. I love it."

Wally paused, sizing the blue-haired lad up. He turned to Oliver. "What if I colored my hair like that?"

Oliver snorted. "You'd look foolish is what."