3

A loud slam of the door alarmed the young dhampir on his seat, surprised by the sudden interruption in his home. He stands to see what could be it and before his eyes, he watched the three hunters storm his house without any permission.

He was stunned and doesn't know what to do.

"Hey, what are you doing!"

The only female hunter turns to him with a light smirk on her lips and draws her bat in front of his face, "We? What are YOU doing?" she asks with a cocky tone and pushed his chest with the tip of her weapon. "Sit down,"

The dhampir swallows a lump in his throat and sits forcefully on a stool as the other hunter explores the house, like he was looking for something.

"We heard a report that you were seen with Lisa yesterday, here in this exact same place of yours."

He clenched his jaw.

She sighs with her uninterested voice, "Was she really here, Kai?" she asks and leans, "Do you have any contact with her?"

"No,"

"Liar," she mutters and raises his chin with her bat, making eye contact with his scared ones, "Kai said he has no contact with her, Hyunjin. Did you lie about seeing him with her?"

Kai quickly glances at Hyunjin, who is flipping books and rummaging a container close to Soyeon. His eyes met his, mentally trying to read his mind.

The young hunter blinks, "A couple of weeks ago, you were with her. She was wearing a disguise and you met at night. I thought I saw her coming here in such a hurry," he plainly says, "But I didn't confront you then, I wasn't sure if that was her until she was gone."

The dhampir kept a straight face, he was known as the weakest in the whole clan as he's not built for fights or anything that concerns fighting. All he has is his magic abilities. And being cornered by hunters is the last thing he wanted as this could be his last day and last moment of his life.

They can easily kill him right now.

And being with Hyunjin in the same place again makes him uncomfortable and awkward. The last time they were together, Hyunjin tried to kill him after he found out that he's not completely human.

They were...good friends.

Soyeon tilts her head, "Who's telling the truth?" she rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Tell us where she is and we'll...let you live," Hyunjin mumbles and throws some of his empty potion bottles on the floor.

Kai gulps, "I don't know,"

The two hunters shared a glance and Hyunjin gestured his head at her, telling her to do something. She blows a heavy breath and was about to swing her bat to his head when they all hear a voice telling her to stop.

They turn to Winwin, who just came back from investigating the rooms in the house. He shakes his head at them and lowers Soyeon's weapon with his hand.

He sighs, "No signs of her anywhere, I don't think she was even here," he told them.