Chapter 9

Georgiana pushed her sunglasses on top of her head and peered at the produce in front of her. Bloody hell, she sighed internally; this was nothing like she thought it would be. It looked like the menu would be changing...again.

Dinner parties were not her forte, but Charlotte was coming back from Germany and she wanted to cook her something lovely for her friend. Charly wouldn't mind if the meal was take out pizza – but it seemed important to Georgie that she made a big effort this time.

A throat cleared beside her and she started in shock. "Good morning Miss Abel."

"Good morning Mr Holt! What're you doing here?" She was totally surprised to see Lincoln Holt at the markets early on a Sunday morning. It didn't fit at all with her vision of him as an ever-efficient suited-and-booted businessman.

"Buying groceries...isn't that what you usually do at a market?"

"At 7am on a Sunday morning?"

"All the best stuff goes in the morning. Mum's spoiled me rotten with the food she prepares, and now I definitely prefer the good stuff. Fresher the better."

"Do you cook then?"

"I love to. It's almost a therapy after work," he joked. "Do you cook?"

"Hardly," she snorted. "I'm making a meal for Charly tonight, but I'm stuck a bit on the menu. I thought I'd make a quiche, but they're out of Jarlsberg cheese and now I'm totally thrown."

"Charly?" he inquired.

"Charlotte...my quirky secretary?"

"Oh. Well have you thought of the avocadoes then? They're beautiful at this time of year; I have this recipe for a walnut, mango and avocado salad – you'll need quinoa though... I promise it's not as hipster as it sounds. It's delicious. Maybe pair it with some fish? You can get the freshest trout here, and the best vendor is next to the nut shop-"

"Lincoln! Oh my god you're like a four year old! I turn around for three seconds and you run o– Oh. Hi Georgie!"

Georgiana turned to Tanie with a grin, "Hi Tanie. You're brother here was just supplying me with a new menu for dinner tonight."

"Gosh he's so pushy when it comes to food. Linc, sweetie, tone it down. It's annoying," she patted his cheek and Linc coloured and glared at her.

Georgie laughed, "No, it's very impressive! I'll admit I struggle...and advice is always appreciated."

"You're one of the few then," Tanie paused hesitantly. "Georgiana, I forgot to get your card after dinner, and... I was wondering when you're free? My piece is, um due Thursday next week, and um, I'd love to get started."

"Next week! Well my schedule's pretty full this week. I'm heading overseas...so I'm not sure this week will work for me."

"Oh. Right- okay. No, that's fine. You're a busy woman. Um, that's okay. I'll just – I'll use the essay I'd written I guess."
"You'd already written something?"

"Yeah, but it's dead boring. I wanted to interview you, and use that as source material instead."

"Wow. Well...I'm free today? As long as you don't mind interviewing me at home while I cook, then it should work fine."

"Really? You won't hear any complaints from me! Are you sure though? It's won't be a bother?"

"Yes of course! It's no problem at all. It'll probably take twice as long for you though. I've never been very good at multi-tasking."

"Oh my god that's just fabulous! Really though? Are you serious?" Georgie just laughed and nodded. "Well why doesn't Lincoln cook then? He owes me one, and you can get a delicious, stress free meal? He'll probably enjoy it too, won't you weirdo? Anything to do with cooking he loves."