Chapter 12

This chapter is for Padelis - my first follower! Couldn't quite believe my eyes ;) So I hope you enjoy this update (it's one of my faves).

--------------

Throughout the entire ride home in the back of her car, Georgiana sat nestled into his side, relishing the warmth of his chest. She stared out the window with a contented smile, but couldn't help notice his quietness.

The car pulled to a stop on the street in front of her apartment, and he walked slowly around to open the car door for her.

"Why Lincoln, for all your penis talk I think you may be a closet gentleman," she teased.

"Don't tell Tanie." Though he smiled back at her, he didn't return her gaze the same way as before.

"What's the matter?" She drew his coat jacket closer around her shoulders.

"I'll think- I think I'll say goodnight here Georgiana."

She looked at him for a long time, face blank. At last she said, "I see. I'll keep the coat though – it's cold, and a gentleman like you wouldn't mind. Well. Goodnight then."

"Goodnight," he said softly, and leaned in to brush a kiss to her cheek.

Forget manners! She didn't want him anywhere near her. "I don't think so Mr Holt,"Georgie took a step back and raised her brow. He got the message loud and clear.

"Mr Holt?" His jaw tightened.

"Goodnight," she said pointedly and stepped onto the curb, staring at him until he climbed back into the car. Georgiana waited till the car pulled out to the street before she turned around, scooping up the fabric of her dress, and walked tiredly up the stairs to her apartment complex.

What the hell just happened? 

She took off her dress furiously, wiping her eyes and cursing herself. All she wanted was to curl up and cry, but Georgie hadn't indulged in that for a very long time, and she wouldn't start now. Over him.

She grabbed for her phone, and dialed Charlotte.

"Yeahp?" a sleepy voice greeted her.

"It's me."

"George? You okay? What happened?" Charly's alarm came through the phone loud and clear.

"Lincoln happened. The prick."

Charly groaned, "Bloody hell George- don't do that! I thought it was an emergency!"

"It is an emergency!" Georgie cried defensively.

"Is anybody dying? Are you in danger? Are you suffering from bodily harm? No? NO? Then go to bed!"

"Charlotte – this is urgent."

"Fine - I am so god damned good to you missy. Talk."

"It's Lincoln."

"You already said that," Charlotte yawned. "What about him?"

"He's a stupid teasing man-whore. That's what! He got me all hot and bothered with his penis talk and then bailed like a total wanker!"

"George, sexual frustration isn't urgent! I was asleep. Asleep. Couldn't this wait till tomorrow?" Charlotte whined.

"It's not even 11.00. Are you like 12 years old? And no it couldn't wait! It was humiliating! What did I do?" Georgiana flopped onto her bed, alone. Staring at the ceiling forlornly.

"Probably nothing; men are simple creatures. And maybe this is for the best George. He's a client after all, and you can find a perfectly satisfactory man anywhere. Go hang out in a club like a normal person, and they'll be all over you. What's the big deal?"