17

Bethany's P.O.V

"And I'll have raspberry iced-tea, please." I order before the waiter writes it down and walks away.

Aubrey had ordered sprite. We both looked at the menu.

"So, what are you studying for?" He asks.

"Nothing, im just taking regular classes." I respond.

"Well, don't you want to be something?"

"I don't know yet, there are so many things. I just don't want to end up at a desk the rest of my life."

Aubrey nods.

"After I graduate I have no idea whats going to happen. But what can happen? I'm a stripper in debt with the club owner.." I add frustrated.

"Why are you?" He asks curiously.

"Do you really want to know?"

"yeah."

"It's a long story.."

I sigh.

"We have time."

I shake my head.

"My past is a cruel dark place prepare yourself," I start making him chuckle.

"I can handle it."

I could tell he really wanted to know. I didn't know why but he did.

"My dad died when I was really young. I don't even remember him.. But my mom told me he was handsome and wonderful. He was creative and poetic. She said he was kind and humble. But she never told me how he died. She would change the subject. She would talk about him a lot, but never his death. I guess I'll never know how he died. My mom raised me. She was a graceful, beautiful person. Talented too. We played the piano together. She taught me so many things. My mum worked her ass off to feed us both. She raised me alone, and she did a pretty good job of it. She would work night shifts and be my mom throughout the day. She was tired a lot but she raised me right. I was 17 when she died-"

I stopped myself noticing I was getting upset. Aubrey notices. But before he could say anything, the waiter comes with our drinks.

"Thank you." We both mumble.

"How did you finish high school at 17?" He asks after the waiter left.

"I have a late birthday in October, so I had already graduated when my mum died. She died in June. The 30th."

"my birthdays in October tooo." Aubrey exclaims.

I smile before shaking my head. I continue,

"So with my mom gone, foster care was my only option. I had no other family. My mom told me that all her other family disowned her for marrying my dad. And the same with my dad's family. But instead of going into foster care I decided to run away. I thought it would be better. I was soooo fucking wrong. I lived out on the streets for what seemed like a long time. I knew every street in downtown L.A. I knew my way around the city. Still do. I started smoking weed and drinking. I couldn't get my hands on them sometimes which was the reason I didn't get addicted. But I used them to cope with my feelings. And then that's how I met Mark. My dealer wasn't selling anymore and he told me to go to him. That's how I first walked into the Escondida, I went to Marks office and asked him for weed. Instead he gave me an apartment and money for signing a contract. That contract was for me to dance there for 10 years. The only reason I'm there is because I owe him money. He got me to get my shit together. I enrolled in the college and now here I am. Almost halfway."

Aubrey leans back taking it all in.

"damn." He says.

I nod.

"yeah.. now you know."

The waiter comes back.

"Can I take your order?" He asks.

We both order again, and he leaves with our menu's.

"So whats your story? " I ask.

"Well I was born October 24 in Toranto, as Aubrey Drake Graham. My beautiful mother is Sandi Graham, pop's Dennis Graham. I'm the only child, I was in Degrassi, then I was signed to Lil Wayne's Young Money, and now I am here."

"Brief, Aubrey I said your story, if I wanted to know all that I would have just looked it up online. I want to know your story."

He stares at me before smiling.

"I was raised in Toranto and grew up with music. Whether it was listening to my dads, or even my uncles. But when I was 5, my parents divorced and I grew up with my mom. I lived in a white neighborhood, went to a Jewish school. So I was obviously teased and picked on. But thanks to one of my classmates, I was in Degrassi as Jimmy Brooks,"

Aubrey chuckles shaking his head before continuing.

"Did that for like, 7 years. Then I got into hip-hop released my first mixtape.. But my childhood was crazy.. I remember when I was younger one of my moms friend used to slip me a drink. It sucked growing up without my dad there, I did really need him at times. But I could always call him, sometimes visit. My mom was really supportive. She raised me well. It was tough getting where I am but I got here. Career wise and personally. Its all crazy. The money, the fame, the success, but for me, the music. "

"Its cool how you're able to do want you want to do for a living. And you're fucking good at it."

Aubrey chuckles.

"You really think so?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Well, thank you."

"You sound so surprised, why? Does no one ever tell you that." I ask.

"Well," He pauses. "Yeah but I can tell they only care about the money. It rare for a person to compliment my music."

"What. That's crazy. I know the world sucks and is run by money but really? I mean like, you're drizzy drake kids love you."

Aubrey chuckles again.

"Well, I'm just glad you like my music."

"Well its amazing.."

"Who do you listen to?" Aubrey asks.

"Anyone. Tupac's great, Jay-Z and Beyonce are a have to, bit of Kayne, Coldplay. I like the Beatles, and Nirvana. The Notorious B.I.G, Future, gotta love me some old hip-hop. Um.. Soulja Boy.. Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Lopez, supporting my fellow latinas. Aaliyah, Usher, Jhene, Kelly Rowland, Rihanna. I listen to everything.."

"That's weird usually everyone has one specific genre." He says amused.

"Not me. I listen to everything from Nirvana to J.T." I say making him chuckle.

I was curious to why he asked but I didn't ask. We look at each other before laughing. The waiter comes with our food.

A/N 

CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW HOT AUBREY IS. ugh. trussss me.

xoxo

updating soon