33

A/N 

sorry i suck so much but aye this one's super long. Please keep Puerto Rico, Texas, and Florida in your prayers. Especially Puerto Rico who is not getting enough supplies. 

Also, keep my beautiful hometown in the wine valley in your prayers. If you haven't heard already, California has been struck by multiple wildfires causing historic damage. My heart aches for my town. ):

Bethany's P.O.V.

I feel my eyes flutter open and I see Aubrey's beautiful brown eyes. They were so common and simple, yet he wore them so, so nicely. 

I blushed realizing he was watching me sleep. 

"You looked so peaceful... except for the occasional snore," Aubrey says making me blush even harder.

I lightly pinch him before we laughed together. 

"I woke up just in time for the sunset huh!" I exclaim excitedly while examining the colorful sky. 

He chuckles before wrapping his arms around me. Another such simple thing, yet it made my insides want to explode. Everything he did was so little, yet it made me so squirmish. It made me feel so warm and happy. This was so new and I loved it. 

"What are you thinking of?" Aubrey asks. 

I bit my lip before responding,

"You," 

I kiss him and he kisses back enthusiastically.  

Was he just as crazy for me as I was for him? 

He cups my face pulling me in even closer to him. I pull away before pecking his lips. 

"Aubrey," 

"Yes love," He responds smiling. 

"I want to learn how to surf," I state bluntly. 

He chuckles lightly.

"That's what you interrupted us for?" 

We laugh and I playfully push him.

"Well, wouldn't it be cool if you could just surf? You would also sit on a surfboard and smoke-" I start.

"What?" Aubrey interrupts. 

"Yeah-"

"Smoke?" 

I look at him puzzled, trying to read his emotions. 

"Ye-"

"You smoke? Cigarettes?" He finally asks.

"Well, not cigarettes. Those are pretty disgusting-"

"How didn't I know? Why didn't you tell me?" 

"You didn't ask," 

He was hard to read, but I didn't think he was really angry. 

"Baby, I'm sorry I didn't mean to hide it-" 

"No, I'm not mad love." He starts, giving me a sense of relief. "I just wondered why you never told me." 

"Well, I distanced myself from that because I wanted to hustle and be present." 

"How'd you start?" 

I remained quiet and Aubrey realized he struck a soft spot. He pulled me closer to him and kissed my shoulder. 

"Um... you know how I told you I grew up on the streets." 

Aubrey nodded. 

"It was a very depressing time for me after my mother passed. I became depressed and I started experiencing lots of anxiety. And eventually, I coped with alcohol and weed. I mixed and I did it a lot. And before I knew it, it became a routine. I couldn't live or go on without it. It practically held me hostage. When I found Mark, he needed me sober and I became sober and I found other coping methods, and now here I am. I don't smoke much anymore, but I like to occasionally."