A New Visitor

*Author's Note: in case you couldn't tell, the last chapter was told from Emily's POV. I will call her Emily, considering her dad is the only one who calls her Amanda. Jack will occasionally call her Amanda, but just to be clear. Also, an old character will return soon, and a new character that I'm making up as well. I just feel like since Conrad died, and she's completed her revenge plan, there's not much to write about, so I'll add a few new twists of my own. Enjoy!*

*Emily's POV*

I watched Daniel walk away and turned to look at Jack. 

"He's really changed," I said.

"Yeah, you told him that already," Jack said gruffly. 

"Are you jealous? Of Daniel? You're the one I love, Jack. You're the one who gets to take me to that bed upstairs tonight. Not him," I said, smiling and kissing him. 

"Jack. Emily," I heard Margo's voice as she walked up to us. 

"I thought Daniel said you got into a fight," I said, not bothering to mask my hatred for the woman. 

"We did. But I was not his plus one. I received an invitation of my own. So I decided to come. Not to congratulate you on your marriage. I came for the drinks and the single men. I'd like my rebound to be in the news as quickly as possible, so Daniel knows I'm over him," she said, drinking a whole wine glass in one breath. 

"Slow down, there, Margo. You're clearly not over him," I said, blocking her hand as she reached for another glass.

"Emily. You are not in charge of me. I want to get drunk. I want to do something stupid. I wanted that even before I started drinking. And guess what. I can drink because I'm not pregnant anymore. A factor in our breakup, I'm sure," Margo said. 

"Is there a problem over here?" Nolan said, walking up and glancing at Margo, who was taking her bra out from under her dress and tossing it on the ground. 

"She's drunk off her ass. Can you call her a cab, Nolan? She won't listen to me, she hates me too much," I said.

"And you just don't want her here, ruining the mood?" Nolan said, smiling at me, grabbing Margo's hand. 

"You know me so well," I said, smiling back at him, and turning around, almost running right into a woman. 

But she wasn't just a woman. 

She was Kara Wallace. 

She was my mother. 

And there was a girl behind her that was Charlotte's age. She looked almost exactly like me, but more like Kara and less like my dad.

My mom had returned. And she had brought someone with her that looked a lot like a sister.