Waking Up

*Emily's POV*

I heard voices, and tried to open my eyes, but they were too heavy. I tried to move my lips, to say anything, but they were frozen solid. My brain couldn't get my body to function. I wondered if this was what death felt like. But I though death wouldn't feel like anything. There would be a slight pain, and then I would slip into an unconscious nothing. 

"Is she....can't do anything....awake....fatigued," I heard someone saying. The voice was unfamiliar.

"You need....have to help...can't wait for this....love her...." someone said, in a familiar voice that I couldn't quite place. 

"I'm her....need to know....do your job....file for....your malpractice...." another familiar voice said. After that, I heard crying. Newborn crying, that made me think I wasn't dead after all. 

"She's....not doing well....no motivation...nothing to live for..." the unfamiliar voice said.

"Bullshit! She....doing well....plenty to live for....her children....mother. You need to...." one of the familiar voices said. I tried to speak, to let them know I could hear them, but nobody seemed to respond to me. 

"Got to pull...I wish...wait a minute....moving, do you see....her fingers....she hear us?....Emily....hear me?" One of the familiar voices said, along with some more newborn wailing. I tried to say something back, but I still couldn't move. The voice had said something about my fingers, so I tried lifting my hand. 

"She is....you see? She's....okay, I'll try...maybe she'll respond" I heard the other familiar voice say. After that, I felt a tingly pressure on my lips. My nerves weren't working well, but I felt something. I finally succeeded in moving my lips against his. And I slowly opened my eyes. The lights had been dimmed, which I was thankful for, because even the light that was there was painful for me. 

"Emily!"Jack said, leaning overe me. My instant thought was true love's kiss, but I had chosen Daniel. And that stuff was just a fairy tale anyway. 

"Jack," I whispered.

"I'm so thankful you're awake," I said, taking my hand. I finally started moving my hand and arms with him, and Daniel came around to my other side. 

"Do you want to meet your firstborn?" Daniel asked excitedly. I nodded, and he carefully placed a baby boy in my arms. 

"He has your eyes," I whispered to Daniel. 

"You're right. He's mine," He said, smiling, stroking his son's head as I held him.

"What are we going to name him?" I asked Daniel. 

"You choose. I almost lost you, today, I'm not going to care about what my child is named," he said. 

"Ethan Declan Grayson. I know he's not Jack's son, but I need to name my son after Declan. Declan needs to be remembered," I said. 

"Why Ethan?" he asked.

"You don't like it?" I asked him. 

"I love it. But why?" 

"I don't know. I just like it," I said.

"Ethan Declan. Are you sure about Grayson? We can do Clarke or Thorne, whichever you feel comfortable with," Daniel said. 

"I want his name to be Grayson," I said. Daniel nodded. I looked over to Jack, who was ready to put his daughter in my arms. He was also tearing up, clearly because of Ethan Declan.

"She's so beautiful," I breathed. 

"You choose her name as well. Same reasoning as Grayson," Jack said. 

"Amanda Rose Porter," I said. 

"Amanda? Isn't that your name?" He asked. 

"No. A few days ago, I officially went to change my name. I'm Emily Clarke," I said. 

"You got rid of my last name already?" Jack asked, seeming a little hurt. 

"Jack, I love both you and Daniel. And i know it's hard for you to watch, but I can't live without you. Three months was long enough. We're rebuilding Grayson Manor and we're all going to live there," I said. 

"Alright. What's with Rose?" Jack asked. 

"Roses have thorns," I said, smiiling at him. He smiled back, understanding that naming my daughter Rose would be a way to never forget my past as Emily Thorne. Now I was Emily Clarke. I would let Amanda stay Amanda in her grave, and my daughter would be Amanda. Someday she would learn why she was named Amanda Rose, but for now, we would just let it be. 

*Author's Note: I need feedback. Now that Ethan Declan and Amanda Rose have been born. How many of you are actually going to keep reading? I need more than just two or three responses. If you read this chapter, please take the time to comment, because I don't know if I should keep going or not. Thank you-Becka*