Trouble in Paradise

*Daniel's POV*

I watched from across the room. I saw Jack walk up to her, and I saw her whisper in his ear. I saw his anger. And I saw her cool him down. I knew she told him. I knew she did. I just didn't know if she told him everything. Like how she's the one that kissed me. Or how she feels nothing for me. 

I drank another glass of wine in two breaths. And then another. Because I wanted to forget about what had just happened. The love of my life had just told me she felt nothing for me. Absolutely nothing. And what was I supposed to do? Just be ok with that? Right. 

"Daniel, do you realize that there is a bunch of press here? Haven't you noticed the amount of flashes that are going off in your direction? Do you not realize that this could be a tabloid nightmare?" I heard my mother say. 

"Do you realize that I really don't care at this point?" I said. 

"You told Emily how you felt, didn't you?" She said. 

"Not exactly," I said, drinking another glass of wine. I looked at the glasses surrounding me. Five already. I drank another one. Six. 

"What do you mean not exactly?" She asked. 

"I didn't tell her. But I still got rejected somehow," I said. 

"What happened?" She asked. 

"I don't want to talk about it," I said, looking past her at Emily. Everything was bright and the room looked like it was underwater. 

"Daniel, I really think you should so I can help you," she said. 

"I really don't think you can help me at this point," I said, standing up, waiting to catch my balance, and then walking over to Emily in a not-so-straight line. I heard my mother protesting behind me. I heard Charlotte walking beside me asking what the hell I was doing. I saw Jack's warning face as I got closer to where they were standing. But I ignored all of it. 

Instead, I grabbed Emily, turned her around so she was facing me and kissed her. 

And she pushed me away. 

And Jack punched me. 

And then all I could see was blackness.