Grievances

*Emily's POV*

Charlotte and I walked in the bar with our arms around each other's waists, tears rolling down our cheeks. As soon as we walked in, Jack hugged me, and then Charlotte. I looked around the bar and noticed it was empty, except for Kara, Victoria, Nolan and Daniel. I had to wonder how he had gotten here so quickly. Victoria must have called him. My father and her had continued their relationship after my wedding, and she was sitting at the bar crying, Daniel's arms around her.

"I closed the bar when I heard the news," Jack said. 

"How did you find out?" I asked. 

"The police officer came to the bar looking for you. They told me instead when I told them I was your husband," Jack said. 

"Why are you here, Kara?" I said. 

"I was married to him at one point. And you are my daughter. I wanted to make sure you were alright," she said. 

"I'm fine. Is there anything else you wanted?" I said. 

"No, I'm just here to help," she said, smiling at me. I sighed. Being angry with her was taking more out of me than it should have. 

"My mom called and said she needed me. I hope I'm not overstepping any bounds," Daniel said. 

"No, you're not. Thank you for being here," I said. Jack closed his mouth and gritted his teeth, his jaw clenching the way it did when he disagreed with what I had just said. If Daniel picked up on it, he made no move to leave. 

"I can't believe he's gone. This can't be happening," Victoria sobbed, her mascara running. 

"Oh, suck it up, Mom. We all know you betrayed him anyway, so stop pretening like you were in love with him," Charlotte said. 

"Charlotte, don't speak to Mom that way," Daniel said, exasperated. 

"He wasn't your father, Daniel. I don't even know why you're here. It's not like you care about Mom enough to come immediately when she asks for it. We all know you're here because you're still helplessly pining over Emily, and you were hoping she would be here. So why don't you just leave, because she's not available, Daniel. She's married. Move on," Charlotte ranted. He opened his mouth like he wanted to say something, but then closed it again. 

Jack wrapped his arms around my waist, as if to embelish the fact that I wasn't available. 

"Well? Aren't you going to say something?" Charlotte said. 

"Charlotte, it's fine. Just let it go," I said, knowing that Daniel was floundering for a defense. 

"I am not in love with Emily anymore," Daniel finally said, through gritted teeth, the way he always spoke when he was lying. That was his tell. So I knew he was in love with me. I felt terrible, because out of all of the people other than Jack, he was probably the one most affected by my revenge plot. The one where I pretended I was desperately in love with Daniel Grayson and it was my dream to marry him.

"Fine. Whatever you say. But I know you well enough to know that you're lying. Watch him, Jack. He might just try to steal your wife from you. God knows he's capable of all sorts of things," Charlotte said.

"I am not a bad man anymore. I've changed," Daniel said.

"Sure. I would be highly surprised if you didn't get drunk and try to make a move on Emily sometime in the near future," Charlotte said. 

"Charlotte," I said. 

"No, Emily. He's going to try to wreck your marriage. I know he will," Charlotte said.

"Charlotte, that's enough. You're lashing out because of the loss of David, but that's no excuse to target your brother and make him feel awful. None of what you're saying is true," Victoria said. 

"It better not be. Because Emily and Jack are very happy together. And you better not screw things up," Charlotte said. 

"Did I ever say that I love Emily?" Daniel said.

"Yes," Charlotte said.

"After she got married?" Daniel said.

"No. But you think it. All the time. I saw you staring at her in that store today. You looked like a pining dumbass," Charlotte said. Daniel looked away and took a deep breath. 

"That's enough, Charlotte. I know you're 21 now, but you will not speak to Daniel like that when I'm around," Victoria said. Charlotte stared her down like she wanted to kill her. And then we all cried.