Unreceptive

*Lexi's POV*

I was behind the counter at the bar, making drinks for customers with Jack, when Emily walked down the stairs and looked at me so long it became uncomfortable. 

"Jack, what the hell is she doing?" She said. 

"Emily, she needed a job. I hired her. She's your sister. You and Charlotte found a way to get along, can't you do the same with Lexi. She's a really nice girl," Jack said. 

"This is none of your business," she said.

"No? I'm your damned husband, Emily. I think it's partially my business. She's my sister in law," he said. 

"You know what? Fine. I've got to get rid of the part of myself that holds grudges. So i'll start with Lexi," Emily said. 

"Great. So why dont' you actually try to talk to her?" Jack said. 

"Alright. So my first order of sisterly concern is about the god-damned hooker outfit you've got going on," Emily said. I looked down at the jean shorts with the frayed edges that I was wearing. Then I looked at my top. That I had actually bought in Victoria's Secret. It was actually lingerie. But the gauzy material covered my belly button, so I didn't see anything wrong with it. It covered my nipples. But not much else. And I was wearing five inch heels that matched the top. 

"Emily, can we please try something a little less insulting?" Jack said. 

"Jack she could stand on your bar right now and do a little dance that would have all the men hard in an instant. Is that the kind of girl you want working here?" She said. 

"I'll have you know that what I do in my own time is my business. And I happen to be 22, so you and my mother are no longer in charge of me. I can do whatever the hell I want," I said. I saw Charlotte walk into the bar out of the corner of my eye. 

"Hey, guys! What's up? Do you need any help Jack? I see my sister isn't doing much," she said, smiling. 

"Thanks, Char, but I acutally have enough help. I just hired Emily's other half sister," Jack said, nodding his head towards me. 

"Right! I forgot Kara had another daughter! Hi! My name is Charlotte Clarke, what's yours?" She said. 

"I'm Lexi Wallace," I said, shaking her hand. 

"Your sisters are being more civil than you are," Jack said to Emily. 

"Fine. I know what we need. We just need a shopping trip. The three of us together," Emily said. 

"I'm flattered but I can't," Jack joked. 

"I don't really think I can either...I'm a little low on funds right now," I said, a bit sheepishly. I knew Charlotte was swimming in money. 

"It's ok. If you find something you like, I'll pay for it," Charlotte said. 

"Thanks, Charlotte! Alright, when do you want to go?" I said. 

"Does Monday work? I know Jack hired you for weekends, so I'll leave tomorrow open," Emily said. 

"Yeah, absolutely! I was dying for an excuse to not go to tea with mother. So thank you both," Charlotte said. 

"No problem," Emily said, smiling. She followed Charlotte up to the apartment upstairs, and I continued serving customers downstairs with Jack.