My Daughter

*Jack's POV*

Two nurses walked out holding the twins. Daniel was running his hands through his hair. I don't think he even realized our children were ready to meet us. I wasn't enjoying the moment as much as I should be, considering my wife was fighting for her life in that room. 

"Is she going to be ok?" Daniel asked, the first to find words. I nodded my head with him, to show that I was more worried about Emily. 

"Doctor Morrison is still working. Things are looking up, but we're not entirely in the clear yet. We thought it might just be the placenta bleeding, but she's still bleeding even though the placenta has been delivered," one nurse said. Daniel nodded, and I could tell he was too chocked up to speak. 

"In the meantime, why don't you two meet your children? We'll let you come inside when you can see her," the other nurse said. I nodded. 

"Which one of you is Daniel?" The first nurse asked. 

"I am," Daniel said quietly. 

"This little boy is yours. He was born first," she said, handing the baby boy over to Daniel. As soon as the baby was in his arms, a small smile came across his face. 

"And that means, Jack, this little girl is yours," the other nurse said, handing her to me. I took in a deep breath as she looked at me. Her eyes were exactly like Emily's. I smiled at her, almost forgetting about Emily for a second, before I rememberd how much danger she was in. 

"How long do you think this is going to take?" I asked Daniel. 

"I don't know.  I'm no doctor. I just hope she's ok. I don't know what I'll do with myself if she's not," he said.

"I know. She is...she's my life," I said, my throat tightening at the thought of losing her forever. The past three months had been pure hell for me, but if she was gone completely, I wouldn't be able to survive. 

"Jack? Daniel?" One of the nurses said, coming out into the hallway. We turned and looked at her. 

"Yes?" Daniel prodded. 

"We have some news," she started. 

*Author's Note: What do you think? Good news or bad news? I'm sorry. I know I'm dragging you guys along, but it's just so fun to write drama! And I got a lot of comments on my previous chapters to make sure Jack had the girl and Daniel had the boy, so that's exactly what I did. I was going to have it the other way around, but I figured if I'm going to yank you guys a little bit, I should probably give you something to be happy about. I'll be updating soon! I've had all these chapters written for a while, all I'm doing is editing them and uploading them! You're just lucky I didn't stop after the last chapter!*