Feeling Resurfacing

*Author's Note: I completely forgot that David Clarke died at the end of the series. So let's pretend he's alive too, and I'll probably just end up killing him off, because I never really liked his character much anyway*

*Daniel's POV*

I had gone out to buy a necklace for Emily's upcoming birthday bash at the bar. I had been invited by some miraculous event, and I wanted to get back into Emily's good graces. 

That's when I saw her. She was walking into the store that I had planned on going into, followed by Charlotte and that girl that had showed up with Kara Wallace about a week ago. So it was probably her other sister. I also noticed as paparazzi followed them into the store. I followed as well, staying behind shelves so they wouldn't notice me, browsing through the necklaces. I checked out the new girl. 

She looked almost exaclty like Kara. The resemblance to Emily was even closer than Emily's resemblance to Charlotte. I watched Emily, as she sorted through the expensive jewelry, and the scarves and clothes, and I couldn't help but feel warm and tingly inside. 

That's when I realized why Margo and I never worked. That's why I had risked my life that night with Kate to save Emily's life. Because I was still in love with her. Even after all the shit she had put me through. Even after the horrible marriage and the lie about my child. I was still in love with Emily Thorne. But she wasn't Emily Thorne. She was Amanda Clarke. But she was mainly Emily Porter. She was married to Jack. I had lost my window of opportunity. I was in love with a married woman.