Truly a sacrifice

It was evening time and the sun was already drowned and the sky was now welcoming stars and dark hues. Umeed was with Haya and Sameer on their rooftop looking for the moon of Zilhaj. Her eyes fixed on the horizon searching for a thin line shining in the dark sky. Haya and Sameer were accompanying her like good comrades. Sameer was tired of standing there looking aimlessly in the sky finding the moon which was so stupid according to him as the news will broadcast it after some time. Having enough of it, he spoke breaking the silence.

"Yaar Umeed tum yahan kion le aai ho hamein. News mein aa jae ga na. Meri neck mein strain aa gaya hy."

Before he could continue Haya smacked his arm and Umeed turned gave him a kick in the shin resulting in Sameer wincing in pain. Umeed spoke.

"Abey o kaathe angrez. Chup kar k khare raho. Aik to itne dinon baad mein aai hun. Tum ny nhi dekhna to jao mein or Haya chaand dekh lein gy. Jao na kion khare ho."

And hearing to her he stopped complaining and stood there like an obedient little brother.

Just then Haya spoke, a little louder than her normal tone. Looking at the sky, her finger pointing towards the direction she was looking at.

"Umeed, Umeed, Umeed. Woh dekho chaand."

All of Umeed's attention went towards the tiny line of Cresent moon on the Karachi sky. She smiled took her dupatta on her head and closed her eyes and prayed.

"Allah mian. Thank you meri zindagi mein Farjaad ko laane k liay. Ab bus unka business trip jaldi sy khatam karwa dein taake hum ja k bakra le lein. Aameen."

And with a smile she completed her prayer and opened her eyes.
Just then her phone rang. It was a video call. Haya took Sameer and went downstairs while Umeed picked up the call the screen showed Farjaad on the other side still in his business attire.

"Assalamu alaikum begum."

He said with a smile, his dimples on full display. Umeed's heart fluttered. Everytime he calls her that, her stomach does a flip and she feels over the moon. And those dimples of his, how badly she wanted to poke them. Aah I miss him. She thought and replied.

"Walaikum asalam shohar sahab."
Followed by a giggle.

"Kya ho raha hy?"
He asked.

"Umm. Kuch khaas nhi. Chaand dekh rahe the. Nazar aa gaya. Dua maangi or aap ki call aa gai."

He was listening to her with full attention. When she finished he nodded and said.

"Accchaa. Kya dua maangi?"

"Woh to mein aap ko nhi bataun gi."

"Arrey ye kya baat hui. Mere baare mein dua ki hy mujhe to pata honi chahiye na."

He added with a smirk.

"Farjaaad"

She whined and he laughed looking at her. How cute is she. He thought.

"Ye jo aap apne pyare sy dimples dikha dikha k hass rahe hein na. Ye sirf mere saamne he hone chahiyen. Wahan kisi ko agar flaunt kiay na. Phir dekhna aap."

She said pointing a finger at him. He shook his head with a smile.

"Jo aap ka hukam. Your Highness."

"Good. Ab jaen mujhe pata hy aap ki meeting hy. Khuda hafiz jaldi wapis aana miss you and love you."

"Love you too. Miss you more. Khuda hafiz."