The Arrival

It was yet another sleepless night at the park. You had arrived a few months after the Indominus Rex was destroyed. The recovery team had almost entirely cleaned up the island. All of the fences had been revamped and turned on. Despite your angry protests, they destroyed the remaining carnivores—all but two. You had found two raptor eggs ready to hatch and convinced the team you could train them. You had been a trainer for a brief time at Jurassic World before leaving the job to focus on some self-discipline. You were back to help reopen the park. You raised the two raptors yourself, who you had lovingly named Indigo and Sapphire. Both were females, of course. The two had been 'domesticated' according to other employees, but you knew better. They were simply obeying your orders not to kill anyone. The staff trusted you so much that the raptors were allowed to roam the main building. It was honestly a big surprise. Despite the trust you had in the raptors, there was a fearful whisper in the back of your mind. They were still dinosaurs, after all.

Today's duties involved herding the herbivores into their respective environments and positioning the new carnivore eggs in the brand new and improved carnivore habitats, which involved double fencing with viewing platforms. The builders had assured everyone it was safe, but, as an extra precaution, they chose to make the gates too small for the larger dinosaurs to fit through. This time they were taking every single precaution possible. The thing they were trying their hardest to do, was to get their previous employee, Owen Grady, back as a trainer again. You had told them from the start that the poor man wouldn't want to ever return after such a horrible experience, but they had somehow managed to convince him. That was an even bigger surprise.

You stood in front of the massive monitor in the control room.

"Open gate B-15! Hurry!" You yelled to your staff.

Currently, your team were attempting to relocate a group of herbivores into their new enclosure. Unfortunately, the team had accidentally scared the herd into a stampede. So now there was the task of trying to herd them in without anyone getting squashed. So far, it was going well.

"Dinosaurs in place. Close the gate!" You called out.

You pressed the button on your earpiece.

"Well done, team, another success." You breathed.

You heard a throaty chuckle.

"Just doing our job, boss.".

It was Jim, the commander of the relocation team. He was a good friend, though quite a flirt at times. You gave the order to return to base and then turned around to face the staff.

"Well done, everyone. We've done it!" You cheered.

The team erupted with applause. Sophia, the new manager, stepped up.

"Well done, everybody; we've relocated all dinosaurs and filled the habitats with babies. Now Miss (Y/N), if you'd kindly return to your training duties, we no longer require your services in the control room."

The room was silent. You ground your teeth together and nodded.

"Yes, mam." You replied, turning briskly and sweeping out of the room.

You hated Sophia. She loved her power, and it made her utterly obnoxious. Oh, the many times you thought of setting your raptors upon her- You had to stop that thought.

You had to meet the flight that was landing with Grady. You strode down the corridor and swiped your pass to get out of the building. You saw the cart outside waiting for you. "Landing strip, please." You said with a smile. The man nodded, and the cart took off. Within no time, you were waiting in front of the jet. The door slowly opened, and a man stepped out wearing brown jeans and a shirt complete with a vest. He plodded down the stairs in his brown boots and looked around. "Love what you've done with the place." He said sarcastically. "Mr Grady, how nice to meet you.".