Maria

As you sat under the tree with Owen, you knew you had to move soon. With all of the dinosaurs on the loose, something was bound to catch up to you if you stayed too long.

"Owen, it's time to go." You murmured softly, getting to your feet.

As you did, a slight twinge of pain radiated across your abdomen.

"Ah damn." You hissed, resting a hand on the swelling bump.

Owen's face filled with concern when he saw you flinch.

"Are you alright?" He asked gently.

You gave a small nod; it was only one little pain. It was nothing.

"We have to get going, come on."

Owen took your hand, and then the two of you walked back in the direction of the main facility.

By the time you reached the facility, it was night. Your feet hurt, and the pain had come back several times during your walk. You hadn't let Owen know about the pain; you knew he'd start to worry. You were 8 months pregnant. Surely you couldn't be in labour yet? You closed your eyes for a second and took one large gulp of the night air.

"The whole facility is powered down," Owen said suddenly, making your eyes snap open to confirm what he was saying was true.

The whole place was dark. The only source of light came from the solar lamps outside. You hurried over to the doors, giving one a sharp tug; It wouldn't budge. It meant that the place was on total lockdown. You heard a few tiny growls and turned to see Indigo and Flame with their little ones. You went to pet Indigo, but she turned her head away from you.

"Ind?" You murmured softly, unsure of what was wrong.

"Oh god," Owen whispered.

You looked at him and then back to the raptors. You did a headcount. Oh no. One of the little ones was gone.

"No..." You whispered.

You buried your head in Owen's shoulder as he gently embraced you. This was awful.

You stopped crying after a while. Your tears were replaced with spin. You doubled over with what was the worst pain yet. You panted heavily as the pain faded.

"(Y/N) this isn't good," Owen said, obviously becoming a little panic-stricken.

You put a hand on his shoulder, shaking a little.

"We just need to wait for the emergency planes." You assured him.

You two headed for the hotel, raptors following behind. When you reached the hotel, the doors were wide open, and there was blood smeared all across the floor.

"Oh my god." You spluttered.

It had to be the work of the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Or maybe the wild raptors. You didn't want to go into the building, but you had to look for survivors. So you and Owen ventured inside. You stopped at the gift shop area, grabbing a couple of torches and a bunch of batteries. Now you had light. It was dangerous to be in here, but there was no way you'd let any more innocent people die. If there were any left.

You and Owen explored the whole building. It took the rest of the night, and by the time the sun crept into the windows. You couldn't find a single survivor. If there was one here, they were excellent at hiding. You were exhausted by the time you ended your search. Owen gently rubbed your bump. You had been getting pains all night. You had to lie down in one of the rooms. Owen lay beside you, his arms wrapping gently around you. You had tears streaming down your face from the pain. It was worse than you could have ever imagined. You couldn't give birth now. Not in this situation.

You were in the middle of screaming in pain when the door opened, and fear joined the painful scream. As the dark silhouette emerged, you realised it was a young girl. She couldn't be more than 14. She looked afraid, terrified even. Her face had a little blood smeared on it.

"Are you okay? I heard screaming?" She stammered; her voice was timid.

"We're okay. Nobody is hurt. My girlfriend has gone into labour." Owen told her gently.

She gave a slight nod of understanding.

"What's your name?" You asked in a small groan.

Her eyes flicked to your face, which was covered in sweat from the pain.

"I'm Maria." She replied.

You struggled to sit up, Owen gently helped you. You gave him a thankful smile and pecked his cheek.

"What happened to you?" Owen asked suddenly.

You shot him a look. He shouldn't have asked that so soon.

"No, it's okay." Maria reassured you gently, "Um, I came here with my older brother James, but he took off with everyone else. I doubt he made it. It wasn't even a fight. it was like cows in a slaughterhouse." 

Her voice shook even as she whispered.

You gasped softly. How horrible. You opened your mouth to reply when another pain rocked your body. Your back arched with the pain, and you screamed. She ran over to you, looking afraid as your eyes rolled back into your head and you collapsed backwards. Owen looked terrified too. He propped you up in his arms and stroked your face. You had passed out from the pain.