The Plan

After training was over, you and Owen had some free time. You thought perhaps you were annoying him by spending so much time with him, but he could have left and gone off on his own any time he wanted. You were heading down to the TV room when you passed Sophia's office. She was on the phone. Owen kept walking until he realised you had stopped outside of the door. You listened intently to what she was saying.

"Modified Dinosaurs are still the way to go, daddy. I'm sure of it."

She was laughing,

"Yes, daddy, I know it wrecked the park last time, but now we know how smart it is. So if we breed another one- alright, fine, how about using one of the old backup projects? Remember? You paid to see them. They're archived in our systems. Only you and I have access to them for now, of course."

You felt a hand tighten on your shoulder and looked up at Owen, who was grinding his teeth together. You grabbed his wrist and tugged him away from the door.

"We need to see those files," You whispered, "Perhaps we can erase them?".

Owen looked a little hesitant.

"I don't know. Maybe we should just spread the word she's going to do this?" He suggested.

You shook your head.

"Then she'll know someone overheard her. Even if the staff can stop her, we'll lose our jobs. Trust me; I'll be the first person she blames. However, if we can delete the files from the systems, then perhaps she'll think it was just a system error?"

Owen didn't look convinced, but he agreed to your plan anyway.

You both ended up sitting in your bedroom, Owen sitting at your table, and you sitting cross-legged on your bed like a kid.

"We need to plan this out if we're going to do it." Owen sighed.

You nodded,

"The first thing we need is some kind of distraction." You told him, getting up to fetch a notepad and pen to write it down.

"We could put Indigo and Sapphire outside of the room during lunch?" Owen suggested.

You thought for a moment.

"it's safer if we go during the night shift's lunch break. Sophia does room check during the day, but she never checks rooms in the night." You said.

You scribbled down a few things on the paper.

 You both sat there in silence for a moment.

"Sophia said only her and her father could access them, right?" Owen asked, "How can we get to them?"

"We'll have to swipe her clearance card somehow. Maybe one of the raptors could help with that too?" You said, hoping it might work.

He nodded and slid down in the chair a little.

"Then we need to permanently delete the files." He stated.

"Yes, I can do that easy enough." You told him.

"Good. Then we'll need to make an escape," Owen said, fidgeting a little.

"Of course. That part should be easy if we can get it done before the staff come back for lunch." You sighed.

You both went over the details of your plan a little more before you decided to actually do it. 

"We should get some sleep and meet back here at 4." You told him.

Owen nodded and got up, looking over the plan once more before he left the room.

At 4:15am, you headed over to Owen's room. He hadn't shown up yet. You knocked quietly, and he opened the door. He looked rather scruffy, and he was only wearing pyjama pants.