4. Zephyrus

I didn't wanna tell Ced the party was in Eastn Atlanta, cause I was slick still pissed at his ass for doggin my homeboy. I looked over at him in the passenger passengers side, and noticed he was sleep. So I while traffic was basically driving for me, with one hand, I searched for Kyra's number in my contacts and called her. The phone bluetoothed to the car so I could hear her through the radio.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Who diss?" She said, sounding rough.

I sighed. "It's Zeph."

"Ohh.. Mmph! Heyy! What you doing?" She grunted.

"Uhh... I should be asking you the same." I got off my exit, and looked around as all the tall buildings and mansions turned smaller, and the car models aroundw got older. We were almost in the ghetto.

"I ain't doing nothing. Eeeehh! Lemme call you back!" She hung up.

"What the fuck..." I said to myself. I know she wasn't fucking while she was on the phone with me, and then gone try to let me hit later on tonight. I don't want no nigga's sloppy seconds!

I was ranting in my head, and I almost missed a turn. I cut the corner with a sharp turn, and slammed my brothers head against the window on accident.

"What the fuck!?" He said, rubbing his head.

"My bad, almost missed a turn." I laughed.

"Whatever... Where are we?" He asked, stretching.

The sun was going down, and I was getting close to TJ's neighborhood.

"Almost there." I said, without looking his way. He smacked his teeth and looked out the window. I turned on the radio and it was playing Trap Queen, and that was one of me and Ced's favorites. It livened up the ride.

In about twenty minutes, we arrived at TJ's house. When we got there, I parked in the drive way, and we got out the car.

"Pop the trunk." Ced told me. I opened the trunk and grabbed my bag out of it, and Ced grabbed his. There was a black and white Avalanche parked in the driveway in front of our car.

"That's nice." I said. I went to knocked on the door, and TJ busted out of the house before I got to it.

"Wassup kid!" He laughed, and Ced jumped back. I dapped TJ up and patted his back. And then I walked into his house. This wasn't nowhere near as big as our place, but it was perfect for just one person.

"Aye bruh this crib is nice!" I shouted. I heard Ced coughing, like he was choking on something. I didn't pay no attention. TJ walked in behind me, and I sat down on his sofa. Ced walked in and stood in the doorway staring into space.

"Wassup with you?" I asked.

"Nun.. Where can I put this?" He asked.

"Well I only got one bedroom.. I'll stay down here and y'all can get the room.

"I ain't sharing no bed with him. I'll stay down here too." I said.

"I guess I got the room." Ced told us, walking up the stairs. TJ followed, to go show him the room. I checked the time and it was only 8:30. The party started at nine. I stood up, and started looking for the remote to his plastairs. gave up, after not finding it within five minutes. So I started looking around his living room. There was pictures of him everywhere. Of him when he was about our age. I assumed he ain't go to college. I didn't see any pictures of him with a girl either.

I finally spotted the remote on the mantel next to a picture of TJ as a kid. And he was holding a small little girl in his lap. She looked familiar.