12. Cedric

About thirty minutes after Zeph went on his little "date", to avoid further awkwardness in TJ's face, I grabbed our shit and got ready to go home.

I was walking out of the front door when he stopped me, by pulling my shoulder back. I pressed my unlock key and turned back to him.

"What is it bruh? I wanna go home." I say, he takes the back side of his hand and caresses my face. I take his hand and press it harder against my cheek feeling his touch sink deeper.

"Will I ever see you again?.. Wait scratch that. I'm gonna see you again." He says lowly.

"Man.. Ima need some time okay?" I say, beginning to walk off. He punches the door open even wider, causing me to take a double take.

"Time for what? Don't you feel what I feel?" He says. I roll my eyes.

"Seeya later TJ." I walk to my car, and start it up.

"Yeah. You will!" He calls, smiling. I quickly drive away, and on my way back home. I'm still having mixed feelings about this... But even if I do come to call myself gay, I still can't up and leave a girl who I've llved since tenth grade.

********

"Evening Mr. King." The gatekeeper says, as I punch in my code to get into our neighborhood.

"Wassup man." I say, driving off and rolling my window up. I drive around to our house and I park my car in the left driveway.

"Finally." I say, getting out of the car. I grab my bag and Zeph's and I walk into the house.

"Hey baby! Come on in!" My mom says through the surveillance system mic. She don't know how to act since they installed this shit. I walk inside and kick off my shoes. Gladys wobbles up to me and hands me a glass of lemonade.

"Thank you Gladys." I hug her, and I walk upstairs to my mom's office where she was.

"Hey mommy." I say smiling.

"Hey booskie! How was your friends house?" She asks.

"Ehh... It was cool. I'm tired." I say.

"Awh I'm glad you had fun on your senior skip day." She says, still typing. I still can't believe she fell for that lie. Since I'm coming to terms with some stuff.. I figure I'd try to talk to her.

"Hey mom." I say, sitting down.

"Yes?" She says, licking her thumb and flipping through some paperwork.

"Remember when you said, you could see me with someone completely diff-"

"Where's your brother??" She looks up, finally, cutting me off.

"He's on a date." I say, dryly.

"A date? With who?" She asks. As if I'm not trying to come out of the closet to her right now. Some people are just so inconsidorate.

"Some girl named Danielle or something." I said.

"Oh.. She better not be no nasty heffa trying to steal my son's money by trying to get pregnant and shit." She says, flipping her hair and typing again.

I give up. I stand and pick me and Zeph's bags back up and I walk upstairs.

"Go speak to your dad Cedric." She says.

"He's not my dad." I say, before closing her door, ignoring her request. I make it to my room and I plop down on my bed.

"Peace. At. Last." I say, while ONCE AGAIN being interrupted by my phone ringing.