19. Cedric

I left school early, around lunch time. I checked myself out, and called TJ. I feel sorry for Kim, about the whole gay thing. But I feel great about finally being free.

"Wassup baby?" This liar answers.

"Tevon. I'm on my way to your house." I say, and immediately hang up. He better get ready cause my words might not be enough for him lying to me.

********

I forcefully slam on my brakes right in front of his house, and I jump out of the car. I run my fingers through my hair, pushing it to the side. TJ greets me at the door, and I walk in, ignoring his kiss.

I walk into his living room and I stand in the center. He walks in, after closing the door. "The fuck is your problem?" He asks.

"You lied to me." I say.

"What?"

"Kimberly... You said that signature was from your grandma. And I'm so fucking stupid! Because the note said big cousin. I must really be in love with you in order to miss that detail." I say.

"Ced, listen I-" I cut him off with a smack across the face. His head yanked to the side. He closes his eyes and whacks me with a back hand, sending me tumbling and flipping over the couch.

"Don't ever fucking hit me like that again!" He roars, coming around the couch towards me. I grovel away from him as tears and blood drips from my face. I flinch at the next painful blow that comes my way. I flashback to that first day.

"The last thing I will ever try to do is scare you away." He says, smiling. I close my eyes trying to block the skin dissolving temptation. I didn't want to but sadly I yearned to feel his lips touch mine again.

"You promise?" I ask.

"Yes." TJ puts his huge hand on my thigh and gropes it. His grip was the tightest I've ever felt. I jolt at his touch.

"You must be out of your mind??" He picks me up by my jacket and slams me into the wall.

"TJ please! You promised..." I cried, as anger filled his eyes and he punches me in my gut. I fall to the floor and I sob hard as fuck. He stares down at me, and doesn't move.

"All I - I wanted w-was the truth." I say, still aching and crying. My eyes swell shut, and I hear him walk away.

********

I wake up in his bed, hours later. My face is sore, and my gut is tender. I turn to the side, and I see his snake, Serious, curled up in a spiral sleeping peacefully. I come to my senses and I slide out of the bed and stand. I was wearing only a tank tops and underwear. I feel my butt to see if its sore and it isn't. At least he didn't rape me. I walk into the hallway, and I run down the stairs looking for my clothes. When I make it down, I see TJ sitting on the couch watching TV. He doesn't see MW, so I creep around the back of the couch and into the kitchen. I grab an empty wine bottle and I pick it up. I tiptoe over to the couch and I break the bottle over the top of his head. He screams and stands up, and looks at me. I fall to my knees and I start to cry again because I know what's coming. I was sure that would've knocked him out but his big ass didn't even budge.

"Cedric." He says. I keep crying and I feel hin walk over to me. "I'm so sorry." He grabs me and holds me in his arms and he starts crying too. "I fucked up. I fucked up real bad." He says.

"You promised you wouldn't scare me away, or hurt me." I say.

"I know. I just was afraid of losing you." He says.

"So you knock me out and expect me to be less angry about you lying?" I yell. I push him off of me. "TJ why didn't you just tell the truth?"

He sighs in between waves of tears. "I don't know." He falls to the floor and moves to me.

"TJ move." I say kicking him away.

"Ced baby please, give me a chance. I can't lose you." He says.

"No, you hit me. You should've been thinking." I back away.

"Forgive me." He whines.

"Where are my clothes?" I ask.

He stands and wipes his tears. Then he points to the washer and dryer.

"I see you washed the blood off of them." I say, walking over and pulling my shit out of the machine.

I put my clothes on, and my shoes. I see my phone on the coffee table and I pick it up, before leaving.

"Tevon." I say as I open the door.

He looks over at me.

"I love you. I love everything about you.. But you won't put your hands this one. I've been through enough of that. Now sit there and think about it. I'll call you eventually." I say, slamming the door and leaving.

The whole ride home I kept looking at my swollen face in the mirror and crying. Yeah I know I cry too much don't judge me. At least I have feelings. If that feeling happens to be sadness nine times out of ten I can't help myself.

I get home and I sluggishly walk up to my room. I pull out my homework and begin working on it at my desk. Then Zeph busts through my door.

"What the fuck bruh?" I say.

"What was that?" He asks.

"What?"

"In the hallway earlier. I wanted you to tell her, but not like that!" He says.

I turn around in my chair. "What do you want from me?" I ask

"I want the old Cedric back. The one who actually thought about what he was saying before he said it." He says.

"He died. Rest in peace to the Cedric who gave a fuck." I say, turning back to my work.

"You got issues." He says.

"Kiss my ass." I say.

"That's TJ's job."

"Get out."

"No I was just kidding. Look, I invited Donyelle over for dinner tomorrow night." He says.

"What?? Why?!" I ask confused.

"Since nobody knows about her. I'm bringing her to meet mom and dad." He explains.

"Whatever. I guess I'll wait til then to tell them I'm gay." I say, working a calculus problem out.

"Ummmmmmm I guess?" He says.

"You can leave now. I need to concentrate." I tell him.

"Whatever." He says leaving my room.

I sigh and lean back in my chair. I spin it around a couple of times until I notice the family reunion sweatshirt hanging up in my closet. I wanna burn that bitch, but I won't. And TJ's gonna learn his lesson about giving me these bruises and this swollen eye. He'll learn one way or another.