29. Zephyrus

A/N hey babies. I apologize for the late update but junior year is stressful as fuck, bitch. I just haven't had the time to really put together this next  chapter and I've had writers block for a while. But I got my shit together so now y'all can have something to read. I love all of you and enjoy this next chapter.

*******

"I mean, you was okay... I've seen better." Donyelle laughs as we reach my car after the game. She came to support me and I was excited to see her. Everytime I tell her about basketball, she tells me to shut up about it.

"You've seen better? I am the best! Fawk you mean..." I laughed. She playfully pushed me and I kissed her. We get to my car and I stand her against the door.

"You hungry?" I ask, rubbing her arm.

"Maybe." She bites her lip and I kiss her some more. The loud blast of my marimba iPhone ringtone shattered the moment with its stentorian sound. Donyelle jumped and I pulled out my phone.

"Hello??" I say angrily.

"Zeph come home now!" Ced whisper-yells into the phone. I roll my eyes.

"Man what the fuck you want? Aren't you occupied by your friend. I set this whole thing up." I gloat, trying to cut this conversation short.

"Zeph you don't understand. You have to come home now!" He yells again, in full voice. "It's about Hykeem."

"Oh you've heard from him?" I ask, excitedly.

"You have no idea.. Getcho ass here now!" He hangs up.

"He got me fucked up." I say stepping into my car. Donyelle leans in the window and gives me one more kiss.

"Don't y'all have orientation in a couple weeks?" She asks.

"Yeah you wanna fly out with us?" I ask, starting the car.

"Nah I got some stuff to do." She says flipping her hair and walking off. She stayed doing that unexpected shit. All ominous or whatever. I take off away from the school and honk at the players holding up our trophy, and head on my way home.

When I arrive I see Ced sitting on the roof again. I shake my head and park the car. Then I walk inside and greet my mom.

"How'd you do sweet face?" She asks, kissing my cheek.