20. Zephyrus

"You still gonna be at dinner tonight?" I ask Donyelle over the phone. Cedric is driving us home from school.

"Yes. I just need to freshen myself up." She says.

"Oh okay, take your time I know you'll look beautiful either way." I say smoothly, Cedric rolls his eyes and cuts a corner, making my head hit the window.

"Ouch! Damn dude why??" I say, rubbing the tender part of my head, where I could feel a knot forming.

"My bad." He turns and smiles. "Almost missed a turn." He winks.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I ask.

"Excuse me?" Donyelle says angrily.

"No I was talking to my brother!" I say, trying to calm her down. "What time will you be over?"

"I thought you said I could take my time." She whines.

"I know babe. It's just been a while since I seen you. I miss you." I say.

"Awww!" Donyelle exclaims.

"Gross." Ced laughs as we pull up to our home.

"Lemme call you back." I say.

"Okay see you tonight, love you!" She says.

"Love you too." I hang up and punch Cedric in his arm.

"What is wrong with you huh?" I say, annoyed. He gets out of the car and slams his door.

"You better not pull no shit in front of this girl tonight! I really like her.." I warn him.

"You mean how you pulled that stunt in the hallway yesterday? Ruining my relationship??" He says, opening the door.

"What relationship?? You don't like girls bruh!" I yell, walking into the house. We both storm past the kitchen into the game room.

"Don't come at me unless your shit is together!" He says, stopping and looking at me.

"I ain't coming at you. You just better not let this new ego of yours take over because if you embarrass me tonight I'm gonna hurt you!" I push him for emphasis.

"Don't touch me." He says pushing me back. I push him again and I walk off.

"Get dressed..." I say, walking up the stairs.

"I'll get dressed alright." He says with a devilish burst of laughter.

On god if he fucks this up, Ima fuck him up.

**********

I prepare myself for Donyelle's arrival. I wear something nice to impress her. I put on a black dress shirt with a sweater vest, and some Kakis. I put some black polo boots on and a gold watch. I spray on some cologne and I pick up my phone to call Donyelle.

"Hello?" She sings, sounding kinda irritated.

"Its almost seven. We eat around seven thirty." I say.

"I'm already here. This house is huge!" She says.

I hang up and rush downstairs to open the door. I smell Gladys cooking us our dinner for tonight and it smells delicious. I hurry and open the door just as Donyelle approaches the first step. Our valet drives her car to the car yard for parking.

"Good evening my love." I say, holding my hand out and pretending to be proper.

She laughs. "Boy let me in."

I take her hand and walk her inside. We walk into the family room and my mom is sitting on the sofa typing on her laptop as usual.

"Mom this is Donyelle." I say. Donyelle waves.