22. Zephyrus

"Excuse me?" Isadore asks angrily, directing his attention to my mom as she stands to leave.

"You heard me! I want you out of this house in the morning!' She screams.

"This is my house! I pay bills around here!" Isadore screams standing up, and walking towards my mom. I stand up and walk over to them.

"You say that like I'm supposed to give a fuck! I keep track of your numbers, and all the sales the only thing your sorry ass does is put your name on the shit! Get the fuck out. Zephyrus, you talk to that girl. I'm gonna go find Cedric." She says walking off.

"I ain't leaving!' Isadore calls after her.

"Let me catch you in this house when I get back see won't I set yo ass on fire." Mom says, and the front door slams. I walk back into the dining room and I see Donyelle picking at a plate. Isadore pours himself a drink and leaves the room. I sit beside Donyelle.

"I'm sorry." She says, putting a napkin under her eye to catch the tears.

"For what babe?" I say, rubbing her leg.

"I can't be the girl you want me to be.. I never will be." She tells me.

"Umm first of all.. You still the same girl I fell in love with that very first night I saw you. No matter how you was born, you are beautiful and I love you just the way you are. And if anybody got something to say, Ima fuck them up." I say.

"You don't mean that..." She says, shaking her head.

"The only thing that matters, is that you are a great, kind, loving, respectable person. You being as fine as you are is just a bonus." I chuckle.

"Are you sure it doesn't bother you?" she asks.

"What? Pshh!" I smile and I kiss her on the cheek. Then I turn her beautiful face to mine and I kiss her lips with passion.

"I love you." She tells me.

"I love you more." I say, kissing her again. "Oh and by the way, couldn't nobody tell." I laugh. She hugs me tightly.

******

CEDRIC POV

I park almost a half mile away from the park entrance, because the traffic is terrible this time of day. And it's a Friday. I walk to the entrance of Peidmont Park and I see people walking their dogs, and riding bikes. Why are these people out here so late?? I walk past a small shop that sells skateboards and roller blades and I make it to the entrance. When I walked in, I follow the long path until I reach the small pond in the center of the park. There's a gazebo, and I see my mother sitting in it, looking out into the horizon. She's wrapped in a huge fur coat with her legs crossed. I walk over and sit beside her.

"Hey." I say.

"Hello." She replies. She let's out a huge sigh.

"You look tired." I say, which she did. Her face was stressed and her eyes were worn out.

"I am." She says. "So, tell me about this boy you been seeing." She adds.

I do a double take and I shake my head no.

"Boy don't lie to me. I'm your momma. I can see everything in your eyes." She says, smirking at me.

"Mom stop." I say.

"Talk to me Cedric King." She orders.

"Ugh.. There is somebody but I don't know what's going on." I say.

"Name?" She asks.

"TJ." I reply.

"The one who's house y'all stayed at that weekend? Zeph's friend?"