Chapter 3

You walked into the lab finding Bruce and Tony working on something Tony found important. "Hey Y/N." Bruce said not turning away from his work. "Hey Bruce is it okay if I can speak to Tony?" You asked. "Sure." Bruce said not moving away from his work. "Alone?" You asked a little loud. "Oh yeah sorry." Bruce said getting out of the way and leaving you two alone. You froze the lock when Bruce closed the door. "So what do you want to talk about?" Tony asked walking up to you. "Well I wanted to say I'm sorry about this morning." You said feeling a bit bad. "No don't worry about it it was my fault." Tony said. "Uh so yeah that's it." You said unfreezing the lock ready to leave. "What no hug?" Tony asked as you turned to walk away. You stopped dead in your tracks. You stood there for a moment. "Goodbye Tony." You said walking out of the room blushing like crazy. You walked into the main living area and some of the Avengers were sitting there talking to each other. You walked over to them. "Hey guys." You said. They burst out laughing. "H-hey Y/N." Natasha said trying to hold back her laughter. "What's so funny?!" You asked nervously. Clint,Thor and Natasha kept laughing. "WHAT!" You roared so loud the laughter stopped. "We have knowledge of something rather how you say hilarious." Thor said giggling silently. "Well?" You said impatiently waiting to hear what was so funny. "Tony has a crush on you!" Clint said as the three burst out in laughter again. You blushed and you stood there embarrassed. Soon the laughter died down to a fit of giggles and you just stood there stunned. "Y/N turn around." Natasha whispered. You turned around and when you did you wished you hadn't. Tony stood there watching the four of you.

"Hey guys whats going on?" Tony asked. "Oh nothing Thor uh- Just told a funny joke." You stuttered trying to cover up the real reason they were laughing. "Yes it goes, What happens when you cross a God with a toaster, A Pop Tart Explosion!"Thor said and Clint added on to it. "Well we better get going we have work to do." Clint said and the three stood up. You gave a hopeful look to Natasha to see if she was going to get you out of this. "Yeah so I guess we'll see you two later." Natasha said dragging the two men into the elevator. You stood there quiet uncomfortably. "So uh- Y/N I was wondering if-" You cut Tony off. "Tony I don't want to be rude but I already like someone." You said trying not to make eye contact. "Oh um I was just going to ask you to go to a market and get something for lunch." Tony said going a little pink. That gave you the hint that, that wasn't what he was going to say. "Oh okay. Well see you at lunch Tony." You said then making your way to the elevator. You felt bad but your were also relived. You arrived outside finding a limo waiting for you. You got in and sat near the drivers seat. "To a market please, and when we get there I can walk back." You said. Minutes later the limo stopped in front of a super market and let you out. You closed the door of the limo and at that exact moment it drove away. You entered the store looking up and down the isles and trying to find something good for all of the Avengers to eat. Ah! Pizza! You thought finding the frozen pizza isle. No need to worry about the frozen pizza going warm with you around. You grabbed four boxes of frozen pizza and made your way to the register.

You just got out of the supermarket and you were on your way back to Avengers tower. You walked with the pizzas in a bag and making sure you remembered to freeze them every five minutes. You saw couples here and there holding hands, eating outside and laughing. This reminded you of your prom experience.

"Y/N I'm going to go get some punch for us okay?" Your prom date said. "Sure." You said walking to a place where you could sit down to take a break from dancing. You waited for almost a half hour and then began to wonder where he went. You got up and walked over to the punch table finding that your date wasn't there. "Y/N?" You spun around finding your best friend Diana. You were about to ask here where your date went when she gave you a remorseful look. "What's wrong?" You asked her looking worried. "You might want to go outside..." She said. You ran outside only to find your date and your now former friend Raya  kissing. "Shane?" You said your eyes filling with tears. The two broke apart and Shane looked at you in sadness. "Y/N it's not-- Y/N wait!" Shane called after you. You had taken off running but you didn't care where to. You just ran. You carried your purple dress and you kept running. For the first time in your life you were actually able to run ridiculously fast in your high heels. You soon reached the bleachers of the football field. You sat down crying, wishing you could go home, when you heard some one clear there throat. You wiped away your tears quickly and looked up finding the boy with the black hair and emerald green eyes, but he wasn't a boy any more he was a handsome teen boy and he had grown quite a lot. "Do not cry beautiful Midgardian." He said softly and he held out his hand. "Care to dance?" He asked smiling sweetly. You didn't say anything but you took his hand and he walked you out to the middle of the football field. You could hear the music coming from inside the high school but you didn't care. You both slow dance for a while until you heard some one speak. "Y/N?" Diana said curiously. The man dancing with you disappeared and you stood there staring at your friend.

At that moment you realized you had bumped into someone on the streets. "Oh I'm so sorry!" You exclaimed. You looked to the man you bumped into and you found yourself gazing into his eyes. You recognized those green sparkling eyes anywhere. He didn't smile like he used to and he just stared at you blankly. Didn't he remember you? He turned around and walked the opposite direction of the way he was going in the first place and you followed. "Wait!" You called after him running.