Chapter 12

You woke up to the sound of your phone buzzing in your pocket. You hadn't changed out of yesterday's clothes, you were to focused on getting some real sleep. You moved the covers so you could get to your phone and look at it. Tony was calling you. "Oh no...." You jolted out of bed and began to gather your things when you were interrupted by your room door swinging open. "Y/N what are you doing." Loki asked.

"I'm so stupid. I can't believe I forgot about that." You looked at Loki upset. "Forgot about what?" He asked stepping towards you, fear flashing across his face. "I forgot they could track my phone, Loki. They know where we are." The two of you fell silent and your phone began to buzz again. Taking a glance at the phone screen you were met with the words, Were coming for you.-Tony. "No time to waist. Get your things. Lets go."

Loki watched out the window, carefully, as you shoved as many things as possible into your bag. Once everything was stowed away inside your bag, you smashed your phone onto the ground and ran with Loki to the Quinn Jet.  Upon arrival, Loki helped get you and your belongings quickly into the Quinn Jet and safely seated. "Prepare for a bumpy take off."

Loki started up the jet and began to rise out of the trees of the forest. "Your going to have to show me the way again. I'm still very unfamiliar with Earth." That's right. Loki might be able to fly an aircraft but to find his way around is a different story. He didn't grow up on Earth like you did. "Right. How about Tokyo? Its not to far of a fly from here, and I'm sure the others wouldn't be smart enough to figure out we left the country.

Loki nodded. "Tock-io it is." You smiled. He botched the name but it was kind of cute. You placed in the coordinates and helped Loki figure out how to turn the jet on auto-pilot. Once the plane was flying on its own you both took the opportunity to talk more and get some extra sleep. You were approaching on Tokyo and the two of you landed safely in an open area that appeared to be un-owned by any farmers or land owners. 

The hike from there to the city wasn't to long but it was exhausting and the moment the two of you arrived the smell of food hit your noses. Then it struck you. Neither of you had eaten anything sense this morning and you were beginning to get hungry. You could smell the freshly cooked duck and the natural herbs coming from the street venders. "If only we had some yen." You sighed leaning against one of the walls from a shop. 

"Yen?" Loki looked at you confused. "Its Japanese currency. Money that they use here. The only money I have is the American stuff and it's useless here." "Then why don't they just use the same currency everywhere else? Wouldn't that make it less complicated?" Loki asked. These are some real questions he's asking but you had no answer for them so you pushed them aside.

"It doesn't work like that... Gosh... What I would give to have some freshly cooked duck and something to drink." You sigh as Loki scans the surroundings. "Wait here." Loki walked toward an elderly woman who was walking toward you. "Loki what are you-" You looked at him confused. "Excuse me ma'am. Could I trouble you for some yen?" Loki asked. The woman looked at him. "Could I trouble you for some yen?" Loki repeated.

The woman shook her head and said something that neither Loki or you could understand. Loki then proceeded to point at her bag and repeat the word Yen. The woman's face flashed with anger and she began to hit Loki with her purse before walking away. You tried not to laugh and walked up to Loki. "Maybe we shouldn't terrorize the locals for cash." Loki nodded in agreement. 

Apparently someone had noticed your attempts at getting cash from the old woman and they walked up to you. His jet black hair and brown eyes were reflecting the lights from the streets and he was smiling kindly. "I noticed your in a bit of a currency issue." You were caught off guard. "You speak English?" You asked.

The man chuckled. "Most people here do. Maybe the younger ones anyways." You and Loki nodded. The man pulled out his wallet and began to flip through different amounts of yen. "Here. This should be enough to get you a good meal and a place to stay." The man generously gave you a large amount of yen. "Thank you!" You said with a smile.

"No need to thank me. It's my pleasure to help you out!" And with a wave, he walked away. "People here are so polite." You say looking at the cash. That was one of the reasons why you liked Japan. "Not from my experience..." Loki mumbles. You laugh and hold Loki's hand walking up to the little set up shop that was cooking the fresh duck. You payed the seller for some freshly cooked food and some colorful drinks.

In return you received a fresh duck and some salad with a pink and green drink. "What's the green one taste like?" You asked Loki. He took a drink and shrugged. "It tastes sweet...Like apples." You laughed. "How does the pink drink taste?" He smiled. It's been a while sense you've seen him smile and you smiled back. You took a sip of your drink.

"Tastes like strawberries." He smiled again. The two of you took a seat at the tables set up near the shop and when you finished, the two of you asked someone for the directions to the nearest hotel and got yourselves a room. You set your bag on the chair and laid down on the bed drifting of to sleep not to long after. Loki smiled at you and soon laid down in bed himself.