Chapter 8

Loki nodded and with a snap of his fingers you had a Mountain dew before your eyes. "Thank you." You said taking it from his hands and having yourself a good drink. "Are you refreshed?" Loki asked. You nodded. "And now we need to make you look normal." You said as you began to open your suit case. You pulled out your black hoodie and a hair tie. "Put this on." You said handing him the hoodie. He began to take off his armor and you packed it away in your suit case.

Loki slipped the hoodie over his head pulling his loose hair into his face. You stiffled a giggle. "Is something funny?" He asked. "No... here." You said pulling his hair up and placing it in a man bun. He winced. "Thats tight." "Good." You said. Loki looked down at the hoodie then to you. "Is this fabric supposed to be itchy?" You frowned. "Oh yeah sorry. I recently washed it. It wont be itchy after a couple of minutes or so." He nods.

After regaining energy from the running you and Loki made your way to the subway, making small talk as you went. He seemed like a very nice character. "Now lets see..." You said looking at the runway map. "Were here and we need to get as far as possbile from here." Loki pointed at the red tracks. "Here. Chee-ka-go is the farthest stop from here. And i estimate it will take three to four days of travel." You smiled. "Its actually called Chicago, but thanks." He nodded and followed you as you walked to the ticket booth.

"Two tickets for the red tracks, and a quiet compartment please." You were so glad they changed the cars on the trains so you were able to have a car to yourselves. The also have beds as well for people going long traveling distances such as yourselves. The woman behind the desk nodded and printed out two pink tikets. "That'll be $23.45 please." You nodded and pulled out your wallet from your back pocket. You traded a $30 bill for the tickets and the lady gave you your change. You thanked the woman and walked over to the red rail waiting zone with Loki. "Mortals have a strange currency." Loki said. "No kidding." You chuckled to yourself.

30 minutes later your train arrived. You and Loki filed into the cars and made your way to the very back compartment where the beds were. You sighed and took a seat. "You never did tell me why you were helping me." Loki said curiously. "Your....The only one left of us.... And if we didn't leave they'd lik me away too. We'd never be able to get out." You sigh as he takes a seat next to you. "But you just up an left your new job. How are you ever going to live your dreams?" Loki looks at you. "I wont. And thats okay." You say looking out of the window. The train starts to move and you find yourself regaining veiw into the main subway station. Wait a second you know that red suit from anywhere.

Peter Parker?! Tony must have sent him out to look for you. And then he was out of veiw again. You are slightly relieved about the long journey in head of the two of you.