21 | Padriac My Prince

"I saw the future once, I was drunk in a phone booth" - Padriac My Prince

-

"Avery you have to get me out of here. Is there a back entrance or something?" Seth hissed, beginning to take the groceries out of the car. Of course, I was only there for moral support since my hands were a little pre-occupied.

"No Seth. Throughout this entire three-story mansion, there is only one way in and out." I deadpanned, giving him a flat look. We had made the last-minute decision to go to my house instead as soon as the boy's heard where I lived. A house full of extremely breakable stuff was appealing to them.

"I'm being serious here Avery. Sophia is crazy," He spluttered, swinging the groceries around wildly.

"If she's crazy, then you're crazy. You two are carbon copies of each other. You're more like twins than you and Ethan are." I snorted. Seth's face pulled back in the offense.

"But I'm not sadistic like she is. She wants to hit me with a bat." Seth wailed. I rolled my eyes and opened the door to lead him to my kitchen.

"Have you already forgotten when you two tied me to an extremely uncomfortable chair and poked me for an hour? Because I haven't." I reminded him bitterly. That experience still haunts me and my butt.

Seth shrugged indifferently and placed the bags down on the counter.

"That was a completely different situation. Ethan is my little brother. I need to know things to protect him." Seth defended with conviction.

"By like five minutes!" I sputtered in exasperation.

"But still my little brother, so it doesn't matter." He dismissed stubbornly. "And Drake knows that there is a strict rule in the bro code against dating your bro's bro. Yet here he is, trying to get into Ethan's pants."

Disdain fell over Seth's face, and he leaned back to find support from the counter. It's very rarely that Seth gets serious. But when he does, it's most likely about his brother. Etan makes Seth's world go round. He is willing to give and do whatever it takes to make sure he's safe and happy.

I pulled myself over to Seth and leaned against the open space next to him.

"I understand your need to protect your brother Seth. I get that. But Ethan is a big boy and he can take care of himself." I gently lectured. "Besides, I don't think Drake just wants sex from Ethan. I think he wants something more."

Seth gave me a thoughtful glance and then rested his head on top of mine. It was awkward because of my crutches, and the fact that he was about a whole foot taller than me, but it was a moment nonetheless. I've never had a friend to have a moment with.

"You know something. Don't you? That's why you're not freaking out?" He queried, his jaw digging into my skull.

I scowled, digging my elbow into his side in a warning. "If you bring that up again, I'm going to get Sophia." I threatened in a low voice.

Seth stiffened, before relaxing against me again. "Yep. Going back to being quiet." Seth agreed before going silent.

We stayed that way until Drake came bouncing down the stairs with a huge grin on his face.

"Avery, dude, your room is so-, Hey, man. What's wrong?" Drake faltered when his eyes landed on us. Seth pulled himself away from me and faced Drake with his arms crossed over his chest. Drake ran over to Seth and wrapped his arms around him.

Something unexpected I learned about Drake, and this group of boys in general, is that they are extremely affectionate. Not in a weird way. However, Drake Weston does not believe in "too many hugs". I'm sure if it were possible, he'd have us all cuddle 24/7.