11 | A Perfect Sonnet

"But I believe that lovers should be tied together." - A Perfect Sonnet 

-

When Ethan pushed open the door, at first there was nothing to see. We scanned the room a few times before we realized that everyone was on the floor.

Sophia and Seth were piled on top of a very red-faced Drake. Sophia was sitting on Drake's arms while Seth clung onto his torso and legs. It was pretty safe to say that Drake did not want to be in this situation.

As soon as Sophia and Seth laid eyes on us, they jumped off of Drake. They leaned against the kitchen counters as if nothing had happened. They were definitely up to something.

"What's going on here?" I asked slowly. Ethan walked over to Drake and pulled him up from the floor. Derek wrapped Ethan in a grateful squeeze and then shielded himself behind me. I turned my head to check him for any injuries.

"We were just playing a game." Sophia sang innocently. I would've believed her if I didn't look over and see her shooting daggers at Drake. That's comforting.

"You know what," Drake started, peeking over my shoulder at them. "You guys never told me what game we were playing. Was it called "Let's Painfully Interrogate the Perfectly Innocent Teenager"?"

"Well if someone didn't have anything to hide, we wouldn't even have to play the game." Sophia countered, folding her arms over her chest. Ethan and I's head whipped in his direction with raised eyebrows. Someone else keeping secrets? What a relief.

"I say we play "Let's Painfully Interrogate the Perfectly Innocent Teenager, The Extreme Edition". This version comes with rope and a baseball bat." Seth grunted, glaring hatefully at the Coke in his hand.

Sophia was intrigued by the idea and began to walk closer to Drake and I. Ethan quickly moved in between us and held out his arms as a divider.

"Why don't we play an actual game? How about Monopoly? Everyone likes Monopoly." Ethan suggested, ending with a nervous laugh.

I wouldn't mind, but Sophia and Seth still seemed pretty intent on interrogating Drake. Noticing this, Drake immediately latched on to Ethan.

"That's a brilliant idea. See, this is why Ethan is the smart brother." Drake rambled, throwing his arm over Ethan's shoulder. Right away Ethan turned a million shades of red. "I'll go with you to help you find it."

Drake didn't wait for a response from Ethan before he began dragging Ethan away. They took the long way out of the kitchen, avoiding Sophia and Seth.

Afterward, I stood there blinking at the both of them. I knew that I wouldn't have to ask. Someone has to be dying to tell me.

"Drake likes Ethan." Seth blurted out. "And I don't mean in a friend way. But he won't admit it! He let it slip and then tried to take it back. But we heard him."

Throughout Seth's rant, Sophia was right behind him making all the matching hand motions and facial expressions. I was starting to see that these two were more like a diabolical duo than a dynamic duo.

The corners of my lips perked up and my heart warmed at the information. This meant that Ethan actually has a chance.

Apparently my efforts to discreetly show my happiness had failed because the way that Sophia and Seth were looking at me mirrored the way they looked at Drake a few minutes ago.

"You know something don't you?" Sophia accused, walking towards me. I immediately shook my head, beginning to make my way towards the kitchen exit. Seth had tilted his head at Sophia's accusation and begun stalking towards me as well.

"You do know something." Why is everyone accusing me of such true things? I'm offended.

Sophia smirked. "You know Seth, we don't really need Drake to play our game. We've got a perfectly good participant right here."

We had ended up right outside the kitchen when the two shared a look of mischief. My eyes darted between the two of them as I tried to read their next move.

"You grab the rope and I'll grab the girl!" Seth yelled, sprinting in my direction before he even finished his sentence. I saw Sophia dash to the right before I took off down the hallway.

Seth and I wound up in the living room, running circles around the couch.

"Drake! Ethan! Some help would be greatly appreciated!" I screamed, watching Seth from the other side of the couch. Every two laps or so, we would stop on opposite sides of the couch and stare at each other before beginning the chase again.

This time though, Seth made the foolish decision to try and jump across the couch and grab me. I quickly dived out of the way causing him to roll into the wall. I heard him groan painfully as his body crashed into the wall, but I ignored it and took advantage of my head start.

Any other day, I would've totally helped him. But he's trying to tie me to a chair and interrogate me which I really didn't appreciate.

I made my way up the stairs, hoping to find Drake and Seth. Instead, I was met with another obstacle. A very pretty obstacle, but still.

"And where do you think you're going?" Sophia challenged from the top of the staircase.

I resisted the urge the yell in frustration and instead decided to give her a loving smile. I knew how to get out of this. Two can play at Sophia's seduction game.

"Soph," I whispered, slowly inching up the stairs. "You don't have to do this. Why don't we just sit down and talk this out?"

She squinted at me. "We tried that and you ran. Remember?" I remember Seth chasing me and threatening to tie me up, but sure.

I went up the last step and was finally eye level with her. Her guard was still up and her eyes steel. But when I began to trail my hands up her waist, I could feel her begin to relax under me.

"Why don't we try again?" I offered, pulling her waist against mine.

Initially, I was referring to the calmer interrogation from before. But with her close to me like this, there were a million things that I wanted to do over again. The kiss in the library, the almost kiss in the car. It all could've been done so much better.

"Yeah." She agreed, a soft smile on her lips. Her grip on the rope loosened in her right hand, and it slowly trailed up the back of my neck. Her hand tenderly cupped the back of my hand cautiously brought our lips closer and closer together.

"Sophia stay focused!" Seth suddenly yelled from the bottom of the stairs, ruing the very, very, very beautiful moment that we had going on.

Sophia gasped and immediately pulled away from me to wrap the rope around whatever body part she saw fit. I was practically helpless, as I recovered from the daze I was just in.

When Sophia brought me bounded and seething down the stairs, my eyes threw daggers at Seth.

The Meyers are so losing a family member tonight.